“The real deal”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #40 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“The real deal”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

What a place. This hotel is as legit as it gets. Awesome staff. I'd like to give a shout out to the bell staff who were exceptionally helpful. Beautiful lobby and spacious rooms. The Blackstone is also very close to an assortment of great restaurants and not to mention, Lake Michigan. Highly recommend this superb hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hi Deven,
Thanks so much for your review! I love that you loved the hotel and thought it was "the real deal"! The bellmen will be thrilled to get your shout out!
I hope that you will visit us again soon!
Kim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I recently stayed at The Blackstone Hotel in Chicago. Great location. Close to shopping and Millennium Park. Staff was very accommodating and the room was amazing. It was a very relaxing stay. I will defiantly be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hillary K
Thanks, Hillary, for not only taking the time to write a review, but for giving the staff a "shout-out"! We appreciate the feedback and will definitely share your review with them.
come back and visit us again soon.
Fort lauderdale
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We had a gorgeous room overlooking Grant Park. Huge bathroom with nice Aveda products. Walk in Shower. Super comfy beds and pillows!
The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is in a nice location but Chicago is such a walking city. There is a Starbucks in the hotel which is convenient. All in all, it is a great hotel and I would stay there again without thinking twice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi Audrybella,
When are you coming back? We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, including the location of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the comfy-ness of the rooms! I hope that you will let us know when you plan your return visit.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family recently stayed at this hotel and LOVED it! It was my mother's first time to Chicago, and being from a small town, she was a little apprehensive. However, after being greeted by Michael (a doorman), she immediately felt comfortable and excited to explore the city. My husband and I have been blessed to travel the globe and I am being genuine when I say that Michael the nicest, most kind, considerate, and welcoming staff member that we have had the pleasure of meeting! He went the extra mile to help us find our destinations and assisted us in getting settled in (as it was our first time traveling with a 4 month old!). We would HIGHLY recommend staying here as the staff is phenomenal, the rooms are lovely and very clean, and the location is excellent!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheSkippingRecord
Thank you so much, TheSkippingRecord, for taking the time to write a review! Michael is a gem and I am thrilled that he really helped you so much during your stay! Please know that we will pass on your comments to him. I am happy that the rest of the hotel met with your satisfaction and that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the rest of the staff, helpful!
I hope that you come back again!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I found this hotel on my last trip to Chicago and had been dying for a reason to get back to town to stay here. It did not disappoint!!
The location alone is wonderful. Just off of Grant Park, it's a lovely walk to all the great Loop attractions.
From the courteous bellman at the curb to note from my detailed housekeeper, I loved every minute of my stay! The front desk was knowledgeable about getting around the city.
Be sure to pop down to the Mercat for a glass of sangria or two.
This hotel snob will be back!

Room Tip: Club level is absolutely worth it for the wonderful views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Corey S,
We LOVE hotel snobs and love that you love our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed it enough to make it your go to Chicago hotel!
I look forward to the next time.
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel on Michigan Av with amazing view. The staff were wonderful and great. They were very helpful. Within 5 to 10 minutes of Soldier Field, Navy Pier and museum. Across the street from Grant Park. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be booking this hotel again when in Chicago.

Stayed July 2014
Hi DavidFly,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your review! We are absolutely thrilled that you loved the team and thought the service was great! We love our location, too, so I am happy you found it to be convenient and that you will be visiting us again soon!
Please let me know when that is!
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This location on Michigan Ave couldn't have been any better for walking to pretty much any tourist attraction The hotel is lovely and the staff is very nice. We had an interesting thing happen to us regarding our tub. It obviously had a clog and I was going to report it. But when we got back from being out of the room for a few hours, it appeared they had fixed the clog. The way we knew that is they had left the plunger in the tub. Just kind of odd sight in the lovely bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi JL Hunt,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review - I'm thrilled that you found the hotel to be in a great location and the staff to be helpful. I'm so sorry about the issue with the plunger - I have asked for some additional details so I can follow up with the team.
I hope that you will visit us again soon.