“An excellent hotel with a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel

Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
Ranked #35 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“An excellent hotel with a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We took the train for a getaway to Chicago, so we wanted to stay somewhere downtown that was close to the L and bus lines. The Blackstone was excellent. The building itself is gorgeous and is within walking distance to Grant park, many restaurants and mass transit. The amenities are first class and the staff was very helpful. We arrived early, and they stored our luggage (free of charge) so we could go sightseeing unencumbered. One minor thing - the bathroom had a sliding frosted door, with a small gap between the door and the wall, so privacy was limited. Not a big deal because I was traveling with my partner of 12 years, but it could be uncomfortable in some circumstances. Overall, we had an excellent time and could not have asked for a better hotel!

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the lake - which we did not have because we booked via Price line and go...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hi Elizabeth,
thank you so very much for your excellent review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and thrilled that you thought the staff was helpful.
There are a lot of choices of hotels in Chicago and I am glad you were able to stay here.
Kim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Korean first
san francisco,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

After moving from W hotel at the lakeshore drive, we found the staff super great, the service perfect.
It is across the street from Grant park, 20 minutes south of river, 10 minutes to millinum park and there are several cafes at walking distance, there are nice restaurants walking distance as well.
The lobby is gorgeous, rooms are decent size, they have coffee machine, safe and fridge in room.
The housekeeping is amazing, with first phone call they deliver what you asked for in a few minutes...

Room Tip: It is a little far from the north side, you need to walk 20 minutes to get to the river. If you are...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hi Barneshi! thank you very much for writing a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be quite convenient, but especially happy that you thought the staff was outstanding!
I will definitely share your comments with our team. Although the hotel is awesome, it wouldn't be anything without the great group of individuals we have working here!
I hope that you will visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My best friend paid for us to stay here for a night. I must say this hotel might be small but it is simple beautiful. Our room wasn't what we asked for we wanted a room with double beds however we ended up with a room with a king bed but it worked out fine since my friend and I are both small women. Lol but we did have a great view. The washroom was so pretty I really like the wallpaper and the shower was amazing it had a great overhead shower jet. Awesome. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Tammy,
Happy Birthday!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled that you loved the hotel and enjoyed your birthday! I am sorry that we weren't able to provide a room with two beds, but in the summer, especially, there are more requests for them than what we have! I hope you will return and visit us again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here for our National convention for work. This is a smaller hotel and quite nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My business credit card exceeded its limit but the staff was accommodation and helped us through the process.

The rooms were nice and spacious and the location was good even though it was close to the south side. This is like the southern end of the north side if that makes any sense. State Street is behind the hotel and has tons of shops and restaurants. There is plenty to see and do near the hotel. Soldier field is just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room wit ha view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank milton919
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi Milton919!
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and found the location to be convenient and near a lot of interesting things.
I hope that you will visit us again soon.
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I went on a business trip with my husband and we stayed at this hotel. The lobby takes you back quite a few years when you first walk inside. The check in went smooth and everyone was very friendly. We had no trouble with housekeeping during our stay. We had room service and we ate in the restaurant & bar area. It was all great. My husband goes every year here but it was my first visit. We would like to take our grand daughter next year but I am not sure if the restaurant would have enough "kid friendly" foods for her. For adults, it is definitely a good place to stay!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leslie S
Hi LeslieS -
What fun! So glad you could accompany your husband and enjoy a few days in Chicago! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again. The restaurant does have some "kid food" selections and I'm sure would accommodate any special requests.
See you soon!
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife took me there for a weekend in the city. It was a great hotel and the minute you walk in the front entrance you know its a nice hotel. They upgraded us to a higher floor with a view of the water and Soldier Field since it was a birthday weekend. The rooms were spacious and great decor. Only thing I did not like was the sliding door for the bathroom and the shower was a "walk-in" and the water would go everywhere and all over the bathroom floor. The best part was that I left some shirts in the closet when we left. I called two weeks later after I realized they were missing and the lost and found crew, especially Calvin, helped track down the one shirt I wanted back. He did everything he could to save the day! Thanks Calvin. I recommend this hotel for a fun night in the city or for business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up higher to avoid the loud noise from the streets
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank PSchicke
Hi PSchicke,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Calvin will so appreciate the "shout-out" and I will be sure to recognize him as well! I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend and found the hotel to your liking!
I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a number of times over the years and always had good luck. Staff is exceptional and treats premier guests extra special.
If you like history (or watched Boardwalk Empire), this is the hotel where the Republican National Convention was held where famously, Warren Harding bought his way to a presidency.
Anyhow, great history and hotel. Short cab to anywhere and easy to find.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
HI yourthoughts!
Thanks so much for the feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and I love that you know the history of the hotel! Let me know when you come to Chicago next time and we will see if the Suite of Presidents might be available for you to stay in!