We took the train for a getaway to Chicago, so we wanted to stay somewhere downtown that was close to the L and bus lines. The Blackstone was excellent. The building itself is gorgeous and is within walking distance to Grant park, many restaurants and mass transit. The amenities are first class and the staff was very helpful. We arrived early, and they stored our luggage (free of charge) so we could go sightseeing unencumbered. One minor thing - the bathroom had a sliding frosted door, with a small gap between the door and the wall, so privacy was limited. Not a big deal because I was traveling with my partner of 12 years, but it could be uncomfortable in some circumstances. Overall, we had an excellent time and could not have asked for a better hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago" and the "Hotel of Presidents, the staff is eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. Legendary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance