Overall our stay at the Blackstone was OK. It was clean, the staff was wonderfully nice and the turn down service was welcoming and yet for the money, it wouldn't be at the top of my list to stay again. The room was small and the bathroom had the toilet, sinks and shower inside so multiple people could not get ready at the same time. The sliding glass door offered absolutely NO PRIVACY. If you were standing outside the closet area you could see a person sitting on the toilet. If you were sitting at the desk you could see the person taking a shower right through the gaping opening that the sliding door didn't cover. The hotel was quiet, the room thermostat was spot on keeping us comfortable. The Peninsula in Chicago would be a much nicer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance