“Great place, nice room, expensive parking”

Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
Ranked #37 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
“Great place, nice room, expensive parking”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel offers a valet parking for $60 a day. The valet parking which ends at 3 pm is relatively high when compared to the self parking around the hotel.
Another option is to go around the corner for a $25 self parking, heated and also u can use ur car as much as u want.

710 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60605-2111
United States

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Hsalloum
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi Salloum,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, but you are correct, parking in Downtown Chicago is quite expensive. With a historic hotel like ours, we do not have any parking spaces on property so we use an outside company, much like NYC! As you noted, there are more affordable options in the "neighborhood"! I hope you will come and visit us again!
Kim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have traveled all over the country and the Blackstone was one of my favorite places I have stayed by far. The rooms are not only very large they are decorated with a classic contemporary design which is different from any place I have ever seen. The restaurant was a Spanish tapas and the service and food were fantastic. The location was right by the lake and easy access to all the sites. There is a Starbucks in the Hotel which was a personal highlight since I did not have to walk multiple blocks to get my coffee. The customer service was excellent which was the icing on the cake. I will be staying there next time I visit Chicago and recommend it to anyone looking for a great place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi WBP - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled that you not only enjoyed the hotel, but its one of your favorites. The customer service aspects are especially important to me, so thank you for mentioning the great service - you can have a beautiful building and great décor, but without great people - none of it matters! So thanks, and I will pass on your comments to the team.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This used to be one of my favorite hotels in Chicago, but it is beginning to show wear and tear. Unfortunately, the details are being overlooked and it appears that money is not being spend to keep the Blackstone in good shape. This has been apparent during my last two visits, so it is quite disappointing. The service is great - particularly the valets and bellmen.

This time, the sheets and bedding in my room had tears. While I realize things can happen, the pictures show that housekeeping clearly had to have seen these tears, yet didn't change the bedding.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WJ2011
I am so sorry that you experienced the issues with your linens!! That is absolutely not acceptable and certainly is not because we are not keeping up with the hotel. The guest room attendant should never have used those linens on your bed. We use an outside laundry and with commercial laundry equipment there are times that they actually can rip the sheets. Please accept our apologies. I will get a hold of you, separately, to get some additional information so we can follow up!
I hope that you will give us another chance to show you just how great the Blackstone STILL is!
Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

First time at Blackstone on a business conference. There were other hotel choices but decided to explore another historic Chicago hotel. What I liked: friendly front desk greeting/check-in, easy access to lake front and Grant Park, pool table and free wi-fi on first floor lounge, spacious and quiet (interior courtyard) room, huge bathroom, coffee maker & fridge, fast elevators (to 17th floor), beautiful architecture & art gallery floor, Starbucks Coffee Shop (opens early) next to Mercat Restaurant, cocktail lounge (part of Mercat Restaurant), fully stocked work-out room with free weights/exercise & cardio equipment. The room service menu is not offered at Mercat (it is a separate operation) so if you want breakfast, you must order room service OR walk next door to another hotel. Also, the in-house convenience store was minimally stocked so had to make a run to the local CVS for extra supplies. The Blackstone does not have the "hustle/bustle" of a large convention hotel which may appeal to guests looking for a quieter hotel atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank lv2travelVirginia
Hi lv to travel Virginia,
Thank you for your most thorough review! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We love our hotel and are always happy when our guest do to!
We hope you will visit us again soon.
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our weekend stay on 2/22-23 was amazing. From the bell men to the reception at registration was out of bounds!! Kristina checked me in within literally seconds. Had me and my luggage in my room with Wally the bell man waiting and ready to go. The room was absolutely gorgeous. beautiful high ceilings, marble floors and a beautiful bathroom with walk in shower. The ornate trim kept this classic Chicago hotel and the feel of 1920's Chicago. From the very generous bar and refrigerator in the room, to the mini valet complete with a padded top for jewelry was such a classy touch. When we were undecided on a restaurant, Victoria, the hotel manager and Kristina suggested The Cut. A quick 5 minute cab ride. Great Chicago steak house. During our conversation with Victoria and Kristina we complimented them both on their hotel and the great ambiance and classic touches in the room of which we were totally satisfied. Upon receiving my receipt the next morning an envelope accompanied the bill with two passes for a free breakfast at the restaurant hotel Mercat. A signed letter from Victoria and Kristina accompanied the passes. My girlfriend and I spend quite a few weekend getaways in Chicago. We are a short 45 minutes away. Without question, we will be repeat guests at this fabulous hotel. I hope you enjoyed our experience.

Room Tip: If available ask for a room that faces Michigan Avenue. We were on the 15th floor and the view was b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Ken,
I am so thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a fantastic weekend in Chicago! I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team - I know they will be happy to receive them. We certainly appreciate the time that it takes to write a review! Thank you!
Hope to see you again soon.
Venezuela
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Classy but modern at the same Romeo was expecting a run down place but I was surprised. Rooms are modern ad very sophisticated staff was always helpful and any issues were resolved on a timely fashion. We had a meeting and the catered food was excellent as well as the service. I will stay here everytime I go downtown Chicago.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rolnugam!
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We will be sure to share them with the staff! I so appreciate you taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We spent two nights here over Valentines day weekend. This is a beautiful old hotel. The architecture details of the hotel still remain even though the hotel has been upgraded with all the amenities of a great hotel. We were upgraded upon arrival to a room with a view of the lake and the park. Beautiful! The room was a nice size and the bed was extremely comfortable. The front desk staff were excellent. All the staff were very nice and went out of their way to make you feel at home. Hotel is located on the south end of Michigan away from the hustle and bustle of all the shopping. Cab ride was around $8 to get you down the street or about 40 minute walk on a nice day. Hotel had a bar and a restaurant. We did have dinner there and it was excellent. Starbucks on site. Parking was$60 which is a rip but it costs that everywhere. A great hotel which we will return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a few when booking. We were upgraded for free.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi GJTravel!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I will be sure to share your fabulous comments with the team - they will appreciate the feedback!
I am happy that you found the hotel in a good location and enjoyed the historic aspects coupled with the contemporary and modern amenities and touches!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!