“Nice View of the Lake!”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #39 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is old, but still lavish. We asked for a room with a view and were given a gem of a room facing Lake Michigan. It worked really well for our family of 6. We also were on an executive floor that provided appetizers each night which were excellent--it was really more like a meal! This place is a great value for a family of 6.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Hi BrettA,
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our great location with a lakeview room! So glad that it worked out for your family. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kim C.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,061)

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I was attending a conference at the Hilton Chicago, but didn't want stay there, so I tried the Blackstone along with some other coworkers. It was such an awesome experience that I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I'm in Chicago (and I'm there often). The property itself was so incredibly beautiful. When I first walked into the hotel my mouth dropped. The lobby is absolutely spectacular! I loved the hip music, gold couch, historic feel, and free pool table! The front desk staff was warm, welcoming, and friendly. My check-in was entertaining yet efficient and every time I walked through the lobby I was greeted with a genuine smile and a 'welcome back' from the hotel's team members. That goes a long way, especially when you're in meetings all day. Everyone was always smiling and seemed to thoroughly enjoy being there, which says a lot about the hotel! The workout facility was wonderful and had everything I needed including water and fresh fruit every morning! The room was cleaned to perfection and I had a great view of Willis Tower! WOW! That buildings beautiful! I didn't try the in-house restaurant, but went to Starbucks each morning for my caffeine fix. Convenient. All in all, it was an excellent stay. I'm not sure who's in charge, but the management team is doing a great job! Keep up the good work and see you soon!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hi Donna M -
Thank you so very much for your awesome review of our property! I am so glad that you decided to come over from next door and experience all the great things we have to offer! Next time you have to try Mercat a la Planxa, its amazing.
Please let me know the next time you come visit, I would like to personally say hello!
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This historic hotel has been beautifully restored, creating an elegant ambiance that is an intriguing blend of retro touches and cool updates. The rooms are inviting, the views are stunning, and the food in the restaurant is outstanding, but what really sets this place apart is the amazing customer service. The housekeeping staff is not only responsive to any request, but also follows up - more than once if necessary - to make sure that each guests' needs are met. A friendly bellhop in the elevator asked how our stay was going and if there was anything he could do to enhance our visit, and when we expressed an interest in taking a tour, he volunteered to show us around personally.

When we asked for a recommendation for a nearby place to eat breakfast, the concierge not only gave us directions to an excellent place, but also gave us a card that allowed us to be seated almost immediately! Even as we prepared to leave, a staff member offered us bottles of water and directions to the highway on our way out. We were very impressed by the staff: without exception, everyone was friendly, outgoing, and willing to go the extra mile. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Wow, 1122334455,Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience here and especially pleased that the staff exceeded your expectations and went the extra mile. I will be sure to share this review with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I first stayed at the Blackstone Renaissance in October for a business meeting. I was very impressed and it has become my hotel of choice for business travel to the area.

This is an older, recently remodeled, hotel south of the city but still close enough to get to any business meetings very quickly.

The rooms are fabulous, the hotel staff extremely accommodating and the restaurant, is one of the best Tapas restaurants I have ever eaten at. It also serves a great breakfast.

All in all a hidden gem. Only thing missing is a nice lounge. There is a bar but it is a bit dark and doesn't fit with the excellence the rest of the hotel provides.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi HD Hart,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled that we have become one of your favorites. I totally understand what you are saying about the lounge, Mercat does have a lounge area, upstairs, that is a bit brighter and nicer if you have ever tried that!
I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of fighting traffic and weather this hotel was recommended to me by friends in the area as a "great place with great views".

When I arrived I was greeted warmly and friendly by the front desk staff and even though it was hectic beyond belief I was made to feel as if I was an old friend. The room was spacious and accommodating and The overall views of the surrounding area were quite pleasant.

Over all I wanted to give my stay four out of five stars.. This is one hotel I will come back to.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations!
Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I had a great time in Chicago. The hotel experience at the Blackstone made it even that much better. The staff was amazing from the moment we checked-in. The valet staff were very helpful in getting us to the places we wanted to go. The room was AMAZING. We would stay there again without a doubt. Also, it was nice to have a Starbucks part of the hotel. That was a bonus.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Hi JBauer12!
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I will definitely share them with the staff. We so appreciate you taking the time to write a review and choosing th Blackstone for your visit to Chicago! I hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I came to Chicago this December to have a weekend away with friends. We choose the Blackstone because of its amazing location (minutes away from all trans.) and from word of mouth. Glad we did. The minute you walk in you feel warm and welcomed. The front desk staff is kind and really makes you feel at home. The rooms are a good size for the area and well appointed. Our first night we had dinner at Mercat a la planxa the on-site tapas restaurant and was amazed. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was good as well. I plan on visiting the Blackstone every time I visit Chicago.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine for the price.