The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
2,164 results
All reviewsgrant parkmercat a la planxathe concierge loungeal caponebuckingham fountainsoldier fieldart institutetv in the mirrorbeautiful hotelmichigan avea lake view roomthe museum campussliding doorclassic hotelshedd aquariumsouth loopnavy pier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'm a little tardy with my review, my last stay was in late October and I had another amazing stay at The Blackstone. Matthew, Rory, Claire and Shannan are consistently helpful, warm knowledgeable, and make you feel like part of the family. The historic aspect of the hotel makes it fun to look at the amazing spaces, my favorites are the Crystal Ballroom, the Barber Shop and the Art Gallery - they always have a wonderful selection of art on display. Mercat a la Planxa is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago and the food is always delicious - they have great service too! All in all, the staff at the hotel is amazing, lead by an incredible leader, Kim Corrigan. They always ensure that each guest has the best possible experience during their stay. Thank you!! I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Grant Park. The view is fantastic!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Hi LauraF!
Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review!!! I am absolutely humbled (and embarrassed) with your mention of me! But I do appreciate you mentioning so many of our fantastic team - they really are the best in the City and we are so proud to have them working with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again, soon.
All my best,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed in Room 1114 and found it to be clean, spacious (!), well appointed, quiet--all in all, ideal. The Blackstone is on south Michigan Avenue, a short cab ride from the Art Institute or the Magnificent Mile. Its restaurant, Mercat, is superb, specializing in tapas. Check in was quick and easy, four elevators won't keep you waiting. The room had a king bed, safe, refrigerator, large bathroom with modern fixtures, and reading lights at the head of the bed that I used gratefully.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hi Reliabill,
We so appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the property and found it to be "ideal"! We think so! :) You certainly are a fabulous contributor to Tripadvisor and it looks like you have stayed in Chicago quite often! I hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and for the most part enjoyed our stay. However, neither my husband or I ever took anything more than a moderately warm shower. Our water did not get hot. This made prepping to leave a little maddening, and we didn't bring it to the front desks attention because we both rather hoped it was a fluke each time. Our room was kept clean, and everyone seemed quite friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013

HI Heidifaith,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I so wish that you had brought this problem to our attention during your stay so that we could have figured out what the issue is and fixed it for you!!! Rule of thumb when traveling - let the hotel know what is going on - because many times they don't know there is problem unless you tell them - plus we would have done something nice to compensate you for the inconvenience!
Regardless, I would love for you to stay with us again when you travel to Chicago - please let us know.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was attending a conference in Chicago and decided to stay here rather than at the conference hotel next door. I could not have been happier with my decision. My colleagues were jealous when they saw my accommodations. The hotel itself is gorgeous, beautifully restored. The lobby has beautiful rich wood everywhere, the elevator floors are mosaic, and the lobby furniture comfortable. My room interior was, in contrast to the lobby, done in a modern style. It was extremely comfortable and full of little touches that made it special. But perhaps the best thing was the very welcoming and helpful attitude of the staff. I arrived early, as in 9 am. The staff kept my luggage while i went to the conference, and called me on my cell to tell me when the room was ready, approximately 2 hours later. So I was able to get early check-in. The evening before i left, I got a phone message in my room asking if i needed to have a boarding pass printed. I called, gave them my confirmation number, and the boarding pass was printed and enclosed in an envelope with a handwritten note on it wishing me a good trip. As a Marriott gold card member I had access to the lounge on the top floor. Food there was not especially spectacular, but everything else about the room was; it was quiet, with good views of the city and lots of little comfy spaces for one to work or relax in solitude. What a treat this place was. If i ever have reason to go to Chicago again, this will be my hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, travelbug625, for taking the time to write such a fantastic, thorough review! We so appreciate it. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and especially happy that you found the staff to be helpful, accommodating and wiling to go the extra mile! We take great pride in the team that we have here and will definitely pass on your comments to them.
I hope you do get a chance to return to Chicago and to the Renaissance Blackstone.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Im not big in writing reviews although i do like to reward and praise company's when it is due. we stayed at this hotel for 2 days. It was my first visit to chicago. The area was great and the staff was amazing. We arrived at the hotel 3 hours before time and was granted early check in. The front desk clerk "Mallory" was so very helpful and nice. She went out of her way to help navigate us through town and give us the do's and donts. I loved the hotel. We were greeted by the front desk every time we left and arrived at the hotel. It was very clean, and quiet. We stayed on the 23rd floor and the staff made us feel at home. I cannot sing my praises enough. Loved the feature of the navigator so make sure you stop by. They know the city like the back of there hands which is so helpful to tourist. The pool table in the lobby was never to busy so we got to play a few games each night. I will definitely visit again. Thank you staff.!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow, Natoyia, thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to write a review and oh, what a review you wrote. I will definitely share it with the team as I know they will appreciate so much your kind words. Our awesome staff really does try to assist all of our guests in making their visit special and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your first trip to Chicago and to the Renaissance Blackstone!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.