I love historic properties, and this hotel has a great facade. It's interior, however; is very modern.
Our room had great interior design, with a comfy king bed and all the amenities you would expect from an upper-scale hotel. There was a small fridge, which was great, as many hotels aren't providing them these days. We also had a great view of the lake from our room. I especially liked the large bathroom, but the only strange part was that it had pocket doors that were frosted rather than a proper thick door. Might be slightly awkward if you aren't really close with your traveling companion.
The location was great, just a short walk to the Shedd and the Museums. Valet parking was 55/night, which is pretty standard for downtown Chicago.
The staff was friendly, and the valet parking staff were more than accomodating with our car going in and out of the garage a few times during our staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago" and the "Hotel of Presidents, the staff is eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. Legendary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance