The Blackstone has been lovingly restored to reveal its beautiful period detail in the lobby - a comfortable and welcoming space too. The rooms are usual Marriott comfort with a dash of chic. Lots of marble (including a marble-topped desk), nice decorative objets and muted reds, beiges and creams make for a welcoming environment. Rooms on Michigan Avenue have an excellent view of the Lake but no street noise. One slight quibble: With all those marble floors, this is the one hotel where you would really need those disposable slippers - but they don't provide any. Shirt laundry costs $7.
A real plus is the Garces restaurant Mercat providing an excellent range of Catalan tapas; it seems a real destination place. Also excellent breakfasts, perhaps the eggs Benedict with chorizo and truffle oil or the wicked French toast with honey butter and orange jam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance