The Blackstone has been lovingly restored to reveal its beautiful period detail in the lobby - a comfortable and welcoming space too. The rooms are usual Marriott comfort with a dash of chic. Lots of marble (including a marble-topped desk), nice decorative objets and muted reds, beiges and creams make for a welcoming environment. Rooms on Michigan Avenue have an excellent view of the Lake but no street noise. One slight quibble: With all those marble floors, this is the one hotel where you would really need those disposable slippers - but they don't provide any. Shirt laundry costs $7.
A real plus is the Garces restaurant Mercat providing an excellent range of Catalan tapas; it seems a real destination place. Also excellent breakfasts, perhaps the eggs Benedict with chorizo and truffle oil or the wicked French toast with honey butter and orange jam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago" and the "Hotel of Presidents, the staff is eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. Legendary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Groupon, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance