I stayed in the hotel for a weekend get away to get some work done. The staff were very friendly, and got a nice large room on the 12th floor overlooking the park. If there is one complaint about the hotel itself, it would be that the LCD is not equipped to take external media input like other Marriott hotels have.
For runners, the hotel location is great IMO. On the east side you have the park to run in which gives you lots of options on which direction to go, and whether you want to run along the bay or not. On the West side, lots of cheap eats to pick from. On the North side, the classes restaurants are there. Love the location as it is not located near the busy side Michigan Ave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance