“Delicious, authentic Italian in Andersonville”
Review of Anteprima

Anteprima
Reserve with OpenTable
Anteprima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #782 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerdale & Berwyn
Transit: 22 Clark bus at Berwyn Ave or Red line at Berwyn, a ten minute walk west.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food quality is top notch, and prices are reasonable too. We went with the 3 course menu and were very satisfied! The service is quite good and waitstaff are very knowledgeable. I'd highly recommend. Definitely make a reservation in advance as the restaurant is small and cozy and tables really fill up (even on weekdays). The terrace out back is great in the summertime.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A friend and I went here. My first visit, he has been many times. Its not a large place, but we didn't need the reservation we had.

I had the grilled polenta appetizer and it was good, not amazing. Friend raved about the octopus appetizer. Not a fan of octopus here though. I had one of the pastas (pappardelle) for my entree and it was excellent.

Dessert was chocolate hazelnut torte. Sounded better than it was. It was really cold and I think it could have been excellent if it had been at room temperature.

Service was fine, nothing that memorable.

Good neighborhood joint overall, probably not worth a trip from downtown.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had gone here a couple of years ago and decided to try it again. We live in the Andersonville neighborhood and we like to support our local businesses. We were seated immediately and the first sign of trouble was that it took 20 minutes before someone other than our waiter asked for a drink order. Should have bolted before the drinks arrived! A table of six was seated after our drink order was taken and they had their drinks delivered, wine poured and bread basket on the table before ours were even poured. You can imagine the rest!

You can probably count on a drink after 30 minutes, a salad delivered 30 minutes later, the appetizer served 30 minutes later, the soup served 30 minutes later, the entrees delivered 30 minutes later and dessert. I guess that accounts for 8:30-11:00 P.M.

Let's just say with so many wonderful restaurants in Chicago to choose from this probably shouldn't be your first choice. It will be a hit out of the park or a missed opportunity to support some other more deserving establishment.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had tried this place about 4 or 5 years ago and didn't care for it much. While the ambiance is terrific and the service friendly & efficient, it was the food that was lacking. I had a pasta dish that I found to have an "off" taste (try Calo down the street for FAR SUPERIOR pasta).

So, when my new boyfriend's friend suggested we go there, I said, "I need to give this place a second try".

NEITHER of us will EVER go back. Once again, the service was great, the ambiance is nice, but the food? Average, at best. Lacking in both flavor and portion size, my baby chicken was a lot of work for very little reward.

Even the desserts (which can sometimes save a meal) were sub-par. I really hate to give a restaurant 2 stars, but I will not return when there are so many better choices nearby.

I love food and love trying new restaurants and (as you can see), I will give them a second chance even if I have a bad experience. After 2 bad experiences, I am now done with Anteprima.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

After an awesome first-time experience, we returned to the loudest restaurant atmosphere we've ever suffered through. The food didn't stack up to our first, very delightful experience, reservations were running behind and the wait staff was indifferent at best. With 29 other restaurants nearby, we'll give some others a try next time.

Been to Anteprima? Share your experiences!