“Exceptional Food”
Review of Cafe Bionda

Cafe Bionda
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Bionda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #661 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Loop
Cross street: Cullerton
Transit: Red Line - Roosevelt stop or Blue Line - Cermack stop
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Have been going to this restaurant since they have opened, finally decided to comment on the continued great menu's and service. Being raised in the area around Sox Park, I find that I am drawn to Italian restaurant's. This is by far one of the best. Usually try to get their every 10 days or so. Have not had a bad meal or drink their. Great meeting place as many of my friends will attest to.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Conveniently located just south of the loop, this small Italian restaurant has excellent service, nice ambiance, and good food. I wish there was less of an emphasis on the same red sauce and a greater variety in the cooking. The salads were pleasing. Only one soup choice. Bread below average.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I've been here at least 20 times and thought I would finally write a review. Having lived here my whole life (30+), there are a ton of Italian restaurants in the city that I enjoy visiting. Cafe Bionda has been my most visited in the past 3 years. In my opinion, it is one of the 3 best Italian Restaurants in the city if not the best. My favorite dish is the Rigatoni Genovese, which is basically rigatoni with spicy crumbled sausage.....KILLER! The Banana Peppers appetizer and the Calamari Calabrese are also very excellent dishes. They also have an excellent bar area in case your table isn't ready which it won't be on a Friday or Saturday.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I travel a lot on business and my wife and I eat dinner out several times a week. Cafe Bionda is by far our favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago...and there are some outstanding restaurants here. We found Cafe Bionda about 6 years ago and have gone back at least 2 times a month since. Of all the meals we have had there, I have NEVER had even a marginal dinner. They are always fantastic and extremely consistent. The chef is great with fish, steaks, chops and their specials are wonderful. Besides the food, there is one thing that keeps us coming back and his name is Guy. Guy is an outstanding waiter and always remembers our preferences and makes great suggestions. If you want something creative that is off the menu, chances are they'll be able to whip it up for you. As long as Cafe Bionda (and Guy) is there, we will keep coming back.

1  Thank DJR1250
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I went here with a group of old friends on a Saturday night. Our server was very knowledgeable about their menu. Two people in our group ordered meals that weren't on the menu. Service was a bit slow but we appreciated not being rushed after we were done eating. My favorite is always Nana's gravy. The cocktails were good also. Free parking in the back is also a bonus.