“Tried a little of everything...”

Blue Door Kitchen & Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Door Kitchen & Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Between Clark & Dearborn Streets
Transit: CTA Red Line Trains to Clark/Division stop #22 Clark Street Bus #36 Broadway Bus
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After reading all the reviews, we decided to try an array of delicacies mentioned in previous posts... so ended up having the beet salad (tasty but we've had better), the crab cakes (scrumptious, and we're from New Orleans so that's saying something!), the fried green tomatoes (light and not heavily battered), the cheese dumpling (for our vegetarian - possibly the most delicious dish of all), the braised collard greens (possibly the least touched dish). Service was very attentive and the decor was beautifully cozy with a table upstairs near the fireplace. Lovely evening!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I loved the look of this restaurant, and the service was super. Very fine food, with outstanding trout, yummy devilled eggs (4 halves for $3!), tiny but delicious quail (could have eaten more than the one given), amazing mac and cheese.

1  Thank HampsteadCarrie
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been to Chicago many times but discovered table 52 by sheer luck. The upstairs is like eating in a southern dining room. The food has a southern flair but creatively prepared. The beet salad was the best I had this trip, and I had one every day shrimp and grits and crab cakes were delicious as was parsnip soup. What made the experience our favorite and memorable was the service provided by our waiter Jonathan. Ask for one of his tables, you'll be entertained and treated like family ( in a good way)
Bon Appetit!

1  Thank Katfish912
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Table 52 is a couple of blocks off Michigan Ave. in the affluent Gold Coast section of Chicago. It's in a small building that is said to predate the great fire. It's small, refined and warming welcoming. The food, which is largely Southern, is superb. I had the fried green tomatoes and their signature fried chicken. Both were off the charts good, as was the special cocktail, the Humdinger. It was a humdinger. Really good dessert, not that I needed dessert but it was impossible to resist. Fine service too. A great place to have a conversation and enjoy a meal. I will definitely go again when I visit Chicago next time.

2  Thank SanFranciscoGuy634
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here with my mum for a splurge supper while on a mini holiday. enjoyed incredible food, atmosphere and service. We had the fried green tomatoes, the devilled eggs, the pistachio crusted chicken and the Mac & cheese. The chef sent out comp biscuits and dessert. If this spot existed in toronto I'd take clients there all the time.