“Delicious with superb service.”

Blue Door Kitchen & Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Door Kitchen & Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Between Clark & Dearborn Streets
Transit: CTA Red Line Trains to Clark/Division stop #22 Clark Street Bus #36 Broadway Bus
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We shared a variety of items, but most enjoyed the mac and cheese and sweet potatoes. They're both AMPLE servings - the potatoes could easily serve four. Nonetheless, delicious.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have heard so much about this place. After eating here, it is easy to understand the how Art Smith earned his reputation. To start I had the "This Little Piggy" cocktail. It is very unique. The mac and cheese was amazing. I could have eliminated the entree and just had this. The table next to us had the Hummingbird. They loved it and tried to finish it but barely touched it. It was easily enough for 4 people. We are definitely going back.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Very small - quaint restaurant - in delightful area of Chicago. The service was excellent - very knowledgeable, professional staff. Fine dining restaurant and pricey - but well worth it. The chef sends out samplers at the beginning and end of the meal - very nice touch. Great place for a special occasion - but it is small so make reservations early

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I really wanted to love this restaurant. it's my kind of food. went on a tuesday night with friends.

Kale and brussel sprouts salad seemed like it had been sitting around for a while. the dressing was flat (needed some acid?) and the pancetta wasn't crispy.

duck confit cassoulet. the duck was well prepared and tender though I thought it needed a little more seasoning. the ham hock/legumes/pork belly weren't very flavorful. cornbread ok.

braised collard greens were good but not great.

chess pie for dessert. nice balance and not too sweet. probably the best thing I had.

the service was very helpful/attentive w/o being in the way. super job on the wait staff's part.

I got the feeling that table fifty-two is resting on it's reputation rather than being an actively managed concern. perhaps there was an apprentice chef there on my night? it just didn't seem like whoever was cooking the food was invested in it if that makes sense.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Table 52 is an intimate restaurant featuring low country cooking. We've gone most recently for brunch, and the fried chicken & waffles breakfast is perfect. The chicken is juicy while sporting enough crunch to make me smile. I'm not much of a drinker, but I did have a virgin Mary and it was spicy and delicious. My partner's crabcake benedict was beautiful and according to him, it was very good, but I will say that it was a small serving compared to most Chicago spots.