“Perfect for a picnic...”

The Goddess and Grocer
Order Online
Ranked #149 of 276 Quick Bites in Chicago
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Wonderful prepared food for lunch, dinner or a picnic. Everything is fresh and quite tasty. Portions are huge. Great desserts, entrees & sides.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I had booked a sailing charter and ordered some food to go into a picnic basket on the boat. The charter was cancelled due to weather but we had already paid for the food. We went to pick it up and we're amazed at the quality and quantity of the food. It was spectacular. We ended up eating in the shop at a couple of bar stools at the window. Not much for atmosphere but the two guys working that night were delightful. We had the best time and the food selection is great. Tip: if you are ordering a picnic basket make sure you tell them to package it for transportation. Our food was beautifully arranged on platters that would have been very difficult to bring on the boat.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I love the food but it is expensive. I wish they would do a half of a sandwich. The sandwiches are massive. Take out food.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 13, 2016

We stumbled upon Goddess and the Baker, being lured in by the name we found the coup de gråce of city breakfast for me. The plethora of pastries, the multiple configurations of caffeination…I was holding up the line in awe. I finally chose a raspberry croimuffin (croissant muffin) and a butterscotch latte. I would eat a croimuffin every day if I could. I then realized that Goddess and the Baker delivers and caters…no one would be in dismay if you had a pastry bar from the Goddess for a morning meeting.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Super take out! Salads, sandwiches, quick breakfast items. My wife and I stopped in for a couple of salads and walked over to a nearby park to enjoy them. Relatively inexpensive for the area with a nice assortment of foods for just about anybody's taste (I'm the picky one here... really liked my salad!) Highly recommend for take out.

Date of visit: August 2016