“Duck Fat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Since I need to fill 100 characters I have to say more than Duck Fat. I guess it isn't too challenging, though.

Who knew the hot dog could come in so many different flavors? Hot Doug sure gets creative with the weiner.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This is really an enjoyable place.
Great dogs of all kinds. Go on Friday or Saturday to get the duck fat fries! Huge order that you can share.
Be prepared to wait on line as the place is very popular and has limited hours. Not open at night or on Sunday.
You wlll meet the owner when you order.
Best dogs anywhere and worth the wait.

2  Thank Jack H
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We flew in around 9 a.m. on Saturday and this was the first place I wanted to eat. We didn't get there until around 2 so there was a line wrapped around outside. There was a light rain and people shivering but they were still waiting, so I knew we had to try it. After getting in the door and looking at the menu on the wall I knew I wanted everything on it. I had a special veal hot doug and a reg chicago style. I can't put to words what the first bite was like but I describe what I felt. My taste buds woke up and I ate like there was no tomorrow. It was the best meal I had that entire trip and now that I am back home, I can still taste the crisp fried prosciutto melting in my mouth and I long for just another bite.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went here our first day in Chicago to get a Chicago dog after reading all the rave reviews on here. It did not disappoint! We expected a long line, as we went right around noon on a Thursday, but only had to wait about 15 minutes to order. Food came out fast and fresh. We got The Dog with all the fixings, the Anna Kendrick and one of the spicy daily features (which was amazing). The cheese fries were great, too. Didn't get the duck fat fries, will have to next time. A must stop!

1  Thank ETgruenke
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hot dogs were really good ,they had a good snap. We also shared a gourmet dog that was a truffle chicken dog,yummy. The duck fat fries were also tasty. The line was a bit much stretched around the building but it went quickly.