“Awesome food. VERY loud music. ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kuma's Corner
Ranked #81 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Columbus, Indiana
“Awesome food. VERY loud music. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that anyone who eats here should understand that the music is part of the ambience, and those who work there don't care whether or not you like the music.
That being said the food is fabulous. I had the neurosis burger as did my husband and friend. So good. My friends husband had the macaroni and cheese with carmelized onions and bacon which was very tasty. Two other friends had the burger of the month- god dethroned - which they said was amazing. They finished off with macaroni and cheese with pancetta and peas. The beer selection was super.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Metal or not...it is a good meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My young professional son, who now resides in Chicago just loves this place. I was a little overwhelmed by the heavy metal "decor" and music on my first visit, but eagerly anticipate a turn here each time I visit Chicago. I did notice the portions had been diminished during this visit...that is a good thing! The portions of everything are still more than generous. The quality is always consistently good. If you wait under an hour...consider it a bonus.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm Bay, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place was rad! We were on our way to the airport so we got there as soon as it opened and it started to fill up within 20 minutes! We sat at the bar and our bartender was super friendly and on top of it. We split the jalapeno poppers and the pantera burger. Hands down, one of the best burgers ive had in my life. This place is awesome but beware if you dont like metal music. It is LOUD!! But we like metal so we were happy :)

Utila, Honduras
“excellent burgers and a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

i had guests visiting from holland and they wanted a real american burger. kuma's did not disappoint and they were surprised how mixed the crowd was considering the loud rock music, lots of twenty somethings but plenty of people in their fifties and sixties as well.
good food, good service, interesting crowd and a lively atmosphere, recommended

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Love it! Burgers, beards, broads, beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great bar, good music, the burger names put a smile on your face, its good value for money and the burgers be warned are obscenely large. I opted for the $8 smaller lunch burger which was fantastic and more than enough. My other half opted to be slayed by The Slayer burger though - hilarious to watch, maybe a little painful for him!