“Great burger, great atmosphere”
Review of Kuma's Corner

Kuma's Corner
Ranked #135 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We actually ate at Kuma's Too, which is at 666 (yikes!) Diversey, but it is not listed on Trip Advisor yet. A must have are the french fries with bbq pork, cheese and green onions; to die for!!!! The burgers were all great; my husband had the monthly special, Cough, I had the real garlicky one, and my son had one with chili. We sat at the bar, as there was no wait. But usually expect 1/2 hour or more wait for a table. They only serve small brewery beers, which is fun trying different ones. I tried the one that is advertised as "the best beer in the world"! It was really good. No room for dessert. It is very loud in there, which is part of its charm. They only play metal music. The bartenders were great, offering suggestions. Definitely would go back! But I would like to go to the original Kuma's Corner, sometime when it's not so crowded. The atmosphere there is a lot grittier, lots going on. Only complaint?? No sports on the big screen tv's; nothing on them at all!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I forgot to write a review here from a trip earlier this year. As everyone knows, Kumas is known for great burgers and long waits. As I was driving by the area it looked a little sparce inside so I decided to see if I could grab a quick bite. The burger was everything I could imagine...easily one of the best I have ever had. I also ordered a mac and cheese (forgot the toppings...think green onions and sausage maybe) and it was unbelievable! I ended up taking half the burger and most of the mac home and that fed my wife and I.
Huge portions, cool vibe and some VERY good food! My advice, forget sitting around for 1hr+ and skip out of work early to get the same great food with literally no wait.

1  Thank JimJ321
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We actually ate at Kumas too which is their 2nd location (666 Diversey) but that location is not on tripadvisor as of yet. Needless to say it was busy but the staff was so accommodating it was all worth it. we did not wait more than 10 min to be seated. The selection offered something for every potential craving one could have. Traditionally I am not a "burger girl" but Wow have not stopped thinking about the burger I had (weekend nacho Burger). Good thing I do not live close by as I am confident my dress size would quickly increase. An absolute "Must go there" if you are a burger lover.
Cant wait to go back!!!

1  Thank Jonesilla
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The new Kuma's Too at 666 W. Diversey offers the same array of award-winning burgers perfected at the Belmont location. Try the Mastadon, a massive patty of meat with bacon, BBQ sauce, cheddar, onions, and enough fries to share with people on the street. Big, too, is the chili, an ample bowl of well-spiced meat studded with black beans. Wash it down with a pint of the many beers on tap. But be warned: the music's cranked up to "11," so forget about intimate conversation with your fellow diner.

1  Thank Brent45
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had heard such great revoews so we gave it a try on a saturday around 445pm. It was busy, but very organized. We ended up sitting at the bar and only waited about 20 minutes.

First off, they have great service. From the young lady taking names to staff. They are used to being very busy in a small restaurant but handle it well. We had some drinks while we waited. Very nice beer selection. All craft beers on draft. Its a very upbeat atmosphere with music. Expect it to be alittle loud.

As a starter, we tried the poppers. Lightly breaded and tasty.

We had expected to try both the Mac and Cheese and a burger and split them. They both were very good. We had heard great reviews on both. The burger we had was the Mastedon. One of the many cool combinations of things to get on the burger. The burger was well cooked and very tasty. It was juicy with a nice fresh bun. We had the Mac and Cheese with bacon and red peppers. That had a great taste as well.

The servers at the bar were fun, attentive, and good at what they do. We would return when on the northside. We thought it was a good value and not overpriced.

1  Thank Batholemew