“awesome deep dish” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gino's East
Ranked #145 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Memphis,TN
“awesome deep dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Loved my deep dish pizza delivered piping hot...flavorful meat…rich & tangy sauce…great crust. Had a short wait before being seated at the bar and attended to by 2 helpful folks. Great spot to hang out/watch a game etc.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Nebraska
“Just something u gotta try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having come to Chicago over the summer and tasted with Giordano's stuffed pizza, My friend and I decided to check out Gino's East, to compare.

When we first pulled in, I was shocked by how empty it was. It was around 1 PM and unlike the downtown locations, there was no wait and only a few tables were taken! Lucky us! We decided to get the Supreme deep dish pizza and after 30 agonizing minutes of hungry anticipation, the pizza arrived! Delicious layers of cheese with peppers, onions, and sausage crumble on top of a cornbread crust. I wasn't a huge fan of the crust, but my friend loved it and it tasted good with the tomato sauce. Ultimately, Giordano's is still the champion in my mind, but I'll have to check out Lou Malnati's next time I'm in town.

Tip: Just a unique setting you gotta see, Bring a marker (against all the rules at home) to write on the walls, seats, gumball machines ;) that kept our girls quite occupied for the 30-40 min wait.

• Visited April 2013
“Deep dish experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having just wandered into this off the street without much forethought hugely impressed. Great service. The best deep dish pizza I have ever tasted (ok so it was the first and only.....) fun atmosphere. Quirky decor. Will definitely go back.

Visited June 2013
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Best deep dish pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The pizza is the best. We loved our meal. And the restaurant is nice - clean and spacious, trendy. Nicer than some of the other famous deep dish spots. It takes 45 minutes to make the pizza, so allow plenty of time.

Visited May 2013
WA
“Ok pizza, good service, bad hostess”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The pizza was alright, nothing extraordinary. I ordered the thin crust (bbq chicken). Pizza was hot and baked fresh which was good. It had too much cheddar compared to mozzarella. Our server was good and timed the garlic bread sticks well with the pizza.

The worst part of the visit was the hostess who was seating people. I got in the line and they told us that they would text us in 15 mins. so we took walked around the area and decided to get back before 15 mins. Just as we were walking back I got the text and we got there in less than 90 seconds after the text. Once we got there the hostess literally made faces and was blatantly rude! She shouted loudly to her colleague: "Why can't people keep their phones on" or something of the sort! And made some other rude comments with a lot of attitude which I didn't stop to hear.

Only reason this I gave Gino's 3 star is because of good service by the wait staff.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sam K, Social Media Coordinator at Gino's East, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We're so sorry you had an unpleasant experience with one of our hosts, and we'd love it if you could email us at ginosfeedback@gmail.com so that our manager can reach out to you and address the issues you dealt with on your last visit. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Sam Kettlewell
Gino's East

Been to Gino's East? Share your experiences!