“Delicious”
Review of Tank Noodle

Tank Noodle
Ranked #629 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I love tank noodle- the pho here is simply delicious. Their service is prompt and the noodles come out fast. It is a no frills but delicous vietmanese shop. It is always busy because it has good simple food. Try their tank speciality pho and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend while we were in chicago and was really looking forward to something good considering the huge amount of good ratings this place got. Least to say, we we're very disappointed.

The price is approx. $8.00 per bowl so with tax and tip - minimum $10.00 per person.

With such a huge bowl I expected more noodle than 6-7 mouthfull. They are generous on the meat tho. The soup was a bit too salty and they also charge $1.50(no notification of such charge) for tea which is really stupid! You figure, with a soup base that's so salty, they'd give you fretote to clean you palate. No such luck.

The only upside was the attentiveness of the workers and the chopped chili peppers. Now for those who tend to add chili peppers, you don't have to worry about burning your eyes when you forget to wash your hands - yay!

Maybe it's because I've had real good pho and get to eat it at home. Maybe it's because the price will never justify the huge bowl with soup and little noodle idea. But all in all, from a Torontonian POV - this is definitely a miss.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is my usual place to get reasonably priced Pho. It's not expensive and very delicious. It is even better on a cold chicago day. It has a large variety of classical Vietmanese dishes and the service is quick. This is the most popular place in the Argle area and it is because it is delcious. They also have boba drinks that you can order with many varieties including lychee, green tea, mango, etc.. I definitely will come back again and encourage you to do the same

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Tank Noodle serves some of the best Vietnamese food in Chicago, and the quality is similar to that of good neighborhood restaurants in Vietnam. We especially love going there on cold Chicago days, when a bowl of steaming hot soup is most satisfying. In addition to Pho and other rice noodle soups, the restaurant offers an extensive menu of Vietnamese dishes. And the diverse clientele and communal dining makes for a wonderful and unique cultural experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great food off of a huge menu. Wait staff is very helpful in deciding what you want. I had the Tank Pho which was huge to begin with and delicious. It had several types of meat, vegetables and noodles. GF had a dish that had greens on the bottom, rice noodles next then several meats on top with a vinegar and fish sauce based dressing. My first pho and I will be back again when visiting the city. Had a better meal here than in chinatown. Another plus is low price my gf and I had dinner an appetizer (fresh rolls also awesome) tea and it was around 26$.