“Awesome”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I live in the neighborhood and paramount room never disappoints, awesome food and no crap on tap with great service. Great place with a group or just a night by yourself at the bar. I recommend the burger and mussels also the best chicken sandwich in town!

There are newer reviews for Paramount Room

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We decided to try this place for the burgers and we were very happy we did.
The Kobe burger was a little small, like the other reviews have said but very well cooked and tasty.The Poutine fries with meat and bacon were big enough for two people and the best thing we had here. They have a great selection of beer here and although the place is small it was worth coming here for the food and beer.

1  Thank drw2112
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We were told about this place by a relation, and decided to take some out-of-town guests there for dinner. I checked out the web site and it looked great! So off we went.
Well, it is next to a dirty viaduct on the fringes of the loop. The upstairs bar is small and not at all inviting. We were seated at u-shaped booths on the main floor that are dark and cramped. We stalled on ordering and I asked if there was another room as seen on the website. At first we were told the downstairs (basement) room was closed, but I guess they saw our discomfort and decided to let us go down. We descended the stairs and decided to stay. The basement is a little better than upstairs, but not by much. We all ordered the Kobe burger and it was pretty good, but on the small side. Fries and fried green beans sides were excellent.

If you want a "different" place to go after work, this may be OK, but as a working restaurant the place is a dump.

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Working down the street from this place, our crew has a tendency to hang out here after work for a drink and a bite to eat.

Now, while I have never ventured downstairs to what is said to be the skanky-club area of the Paramount, the upstairs bar area has great benched seating areas and two high-tops to find a place for a group of people to sit. Otherwise, loners will often have no problem finding a seat right up at the bar. At first sight, it comes off a bit dirty and dark, but then you notice that they not only have a great wines by the glass selection, but their beers are incredibly intriguing and wonderful. For example, I did notice a new Belgian Kriek that they had on tap the other day...yummm.

Otherwise, their food is bar food and their infamous burger that some seem to rave about, is ALWAYS prepared medium, no matter how you ask for it. But, it does come with aioli and their fries are pretty good.

For the visiting Chicago crowd: This is a great place to avoid the underage and hipster scene of Hubbard street or up north. Also, it is a perfect destination when finishing a dinner at any of the surrounding restaurants (Avec, Blackbird, etc.) and looking for somewhere to stop on your way to public transportation.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

The first beer I ordered, well, they were out of that one. The second one I actually got was served in a small glass and was awful for the 7 bucks. I brew better beer at home for crying out loud. The appetizer's were okay, nothing special, but again expensive for what you actually get.
Next time I'm in town I'll drive the 40 minutes to Vito and Nick's.