“Vibrant Neighborhood”

Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
Ranked #57 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very nice hotel. We stayed for 6 nights. The hotel is nicely decorated and within walking distance of Wrigely which was a plus. Neighborhood was bustling with lots of places to eat and fun little shops. We had no problems with noise (4th floor right off the elevator). The staff was very friendly and helped us a lot with directions and which buses to take to get to certain places. The TV left a bit to be desired. The channels would not come in at all or when they did they were very broken up to the point you couldn't watch. We did mention it to the front desk but was not resolved. Beds were comfortable, pillows were nice. Breakfast consisted of bagels, toast, assorted pastries, bacon, eggs, cereal, fruit and assorted juices. Perfect to grab and go. The fridge in the room was a plus. Used the microwave once and it cut out after one use. All in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
bwht, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Hi Tanya H.,

Thank you for your most recent stay at our property. We appreciate that you have taken the time to express your experience on TripAdvisor.

First of I am glad that your stay overall was enjoyable. I apologize for the microwave and the television issue. After a recent storm, we have had issues in a few rooms and have been working with Comcast to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you are planning on coming back to our property, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to make it up to you during a future stay.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact me. Thanks again and happy travels!

email: jerry.loproto@hawthorneterrace.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Best Western Hawthorne Terrace is located in a really fun neighborhood. It's an easy walk to the El, Wrigley Field, the lake, DePaul, and many great casual restaurants. We stay in one of the suites in the annex building next door, and the suites are awesome. There's a parking garage next door that is reasonable and safe. The breakfasts are ok, what you'd expect for a free breakfast, probably. This is the only place we stay when visiting this part of Chicago for all of these reasons; I strongly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose a suite in the annex building, above the 2nd floor (quieter.)
1  Thank TheGipper411

Hi The Gipper 411,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

nice old hotel..price value is too high,for the rest very nice hotel and good internet and bed, nice breakfast but no place to sit .. rooms are big and except the noise of the individual air condition that not fun to use ...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi nir e.,

I would like to apologize for the noise of the air conditioner. I hope that this issue did not take away too much from your overall experience at our hotel. If you are planning on coming back to our property, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to make it up to you during a future stay. Also, if price is an issue please contact me as well. I assure you that we are priced competitively but if this keeps us from being an option for your travel plans, please let me know.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to Wrigley Field you can walk to the games! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Also there are some great restaurants in the area and Caribou Coffee shop just down the block with some great coffee It is also only a couple of blocks from the lake. Its a good location if you like to walk in the city. Some of the Desk Clerks are very helpful and will help with setting you up for a fun day some are just there. The breakfast needs some work as sometimes it was stocked and sometimes it was not and some healthier choices would have been good. For the price of the hotel room I expected more. Also whether or not it encourages you or discourages you this is an area of rainbow flags and parades. I guess when it comes down to it for the price of the room I guess the hotel could step it up a little.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi John H.,

I apologize that your stay was not a positive, memorable experience. We want every guest to walk away from our hotel with the best experience possible and your comments expressed a lack of attention towards your stay. I hope if you choose to use us in the future that you reach out to me. I would love a second opportunity to make your stay a better one.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice hotel with a great staff. The room was a bit on the small side but very clean & comfortable.
The breakfast wasn't up to what we would expect for a "Plus" hotel but that would be our only complaint. Easy walking to shops, restaurants & bus lines. Very diverse neighborhood where everyone we met was friendly. Would recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401 which looked out over the street - good for people watching.

Hi lovestotravel 022,

We here at our property know that it is our guests that help improve our property. Our guests have helped shape what we offer and how our services are run from the day our doors opened up until the present. With that being said, you had mentioned that our breakfast selection could have been better. Was there something that you did not like or something missing from our selection that you would like us to offer? I welcome any recommendation to help us improve this part our hotel for you and our guests.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family loved this hotel and the neighborhood where it is located. We could easily take the bus downtown. We could also walk in the neighborhood for enjoyment and to find a neat place to eat. Very convenient! The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. We will be back!

Hi Carol A.,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to your future reservations and if there is anything that we can do to make your stay any better, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very large room, looks brand new. Fantastic bed. Cool rain-style shower. Great location in wonderful neighborhood. You can walk for dinner, etc.... I will definitely stay here again.
Perfect staff....

Hi Tanya H.,

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and that you will be returning in the future. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay better, please do not hesitate to ask.