“Easy walking to Wrigley Field”

Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
Ranked #47 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice hotel with a great staff. The room was a bit on the small side but very clean & comfortable.
The breakfast wasn't up to what we would expect for a "Plus" hotel but that would be our only complaint. Easy walking to shops, restaurants & bus lines. Very diverse neighborhood where everyone we met was friendly. Would recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401 which looked out over the street - good for people watching.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
bwht, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Hi lovestotravel 022,

Thank you for your most recent stay at our property. We appreciate that you have taken the time to express your experience on TripAdvisor.

We here at our property know that it is our guests that help improve our property. Our guests have helped shape what we offer and how our services are run from the day our doors opened up until the present. With that being said, you had mentioned that our breakfast selection could have been better. Was there something that you did not like or something missing from our selection that you would like us to offer? I welcome any recommendation to help us improve this part our hotel for you and our guests.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact me. Thanks again and happy travels!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family loved this hotel and the neighborhood where it is located. We could easily take the bus downtown. We could also walk in the neighborhood for enjoyment and to find a neat place to eat. Very convenient! The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. We will be back!

Hi Carol A.,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to your future reservations and if there is anything that we can do to make your stay any better, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very large room, looks brand new. Fantastic bed. Cool rain-style shower. Great location in wonderful neighborhood. You can walk for dinner, etc.... I will definitely stay here again.
Perfect staff....

Hi Tanya H.,

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and that you will be returning in the future. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay better, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's short walk to Wrigley field for our family of 6, including a toddler. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to really complain about, either. Plenty of places to eat nearby and a grocery store on the other side of the parking garage. I would definitely chose this hotel again if we were traveling with the kids to a Cubs game.

1  Thank ks0831

Hi ks0831.,

I am happy to hear that you would return when attending a Cubs game in the future. I apologize if we did not exceed expectations. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay better please let me know.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Location is excellent for neighborhood restaurants and nightlife. Lots of Chicago amenities within walking distance. The room was comfortable with lots of space for the family. I would recommend this boutique venue over higher-priced locations in the downtown area.

Hi Marian R.,

I glad to hear all of the positive things about your stay. It is always nice to get a recommendation from our guests encouraging others to stay. If there is anything we can do to make your stay better, please let me know.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I went to Chicago for a wedding that was close to this hotel. The hotel was very nice! My room was spacious, and the bed comfortable. As a female alone, I am always concerned when I travel and stay in cities. Everything I needed was a short walk away, and I felt VERY safe, even in the evening there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Hi Joan R,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending a wedding. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again when visiting the Chicago area.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good location, small eating area. Lobby newly renovated, was previously disgusting. Parking is very expensive. There are good places for breakfast close by, but I felt I had already paid for this service in the cost of the room. Good water pressure and bathrooms with fans!! No shortage of hot water. They were unable to accommodate the wedding party by reserving room in a block. Current construction was a minimal inconvienence.

1  Thank 432craign