“Needs renovation”

Ranked #40 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, United States
“Needs renovation”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

It is a very old hotel, needs renovation. The quality of breakfast is not good. The front staff can be very nice or sometimes very unfriendly. The location of the Hotel is good, but quality of showers or breakfast eating place is not good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwht, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi Surendra K,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your last stay.

If I could take a moment, I would like to address a concern from your comments. Our hotel was completely renovated a few years ago and we look to offer the most updated rooms at all times for our guests. As we look to upgrade our hotel, we will be renovating our lobby in the near future. I see that you have stayed with us several times this year. Perhaps we could interest you in staying in one of our suites. These accommodations offer an enhanced experience that may make your stay more comfortable.

Again I apologize that your stay was not more enjoyable. My staff and I take these comments to heart and will look at ways to improve our product one comment at a time. If there is anything that you could suggest to make your stay better I am open to suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns and have a great day.

email: jerry.loproto@hawthorneterrace.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Kelowna
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is my third time staying at this hotel. Earlier I had rated the hotel 3 star as I was located in the older tower, same one as the lobby. This visit however they put me in the adjacent building to the south of the hotel entrance. Wow, what a difference. Large spacious corner suite. This building has its own breakfast area with a hot and cold breakfast selection.
Location is terrific near awesome restaurants and clubs. Halstead Street one block to the west, is trendy with great clubs. Broadway has some good restaurants and lots of little local shops. A short walk to the east puts you on the Lakeshore and the linear park that runs along the lake (great in summer - not so much in February!)

Room Tip: Ask for the adjacent building, 4 stories; and a corner suite. Fabulous.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi Perseverance,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I am glad you were able to experience one of our suites during your last stay.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to ask. Again thank you for your kind words and and have a great day!

Zionsville, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Loved this hotel! Easy to access - only a block off of Lake Shore with parking next door. Our room was very clean, and mixed the original charm of hardwood floors with updated bathroom and furnishings. Will definitely return

Hi Jon A,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and have a great day!

Ferndale, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hawthorne Terrace while in town for a concert. The location is outstanding - lots to do on the block - the staff was pleasant and the rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a full-service parking garage next door, too. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Lorene B,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your time while staying at our hotel.

I hope we get the chance to serve you in the future. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay better please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and have a great day!

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Best Western Hawthorne Terrace Hotel in Chicago is one of the best. The service is great and the rooms are very nice. It is very quaint and is accessible to everything. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying there anytime you are visiting Chicago.

Hi Cindy A,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. As a repeat guest we appreciate your continued business. People stay with us for many reasons but we hope to remain part of your extended Chicago family for many future stays.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please ask. It is our honor to serve you as our guest and we look forward to our next chance to offer the best experience we can with your accommodations. Thank you for your glowing review and have a great day!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Located in the Lincoln Park area, close to restaurants, bars and Wrigley Field. A great neighborhood and safe for walking at all times. Hotel employees are courteous and helpful. Breakfast is offered in the lobby each morning and coffee and two complimentary bottles of water are offered in the room each day. My bedroom and bathroom were spacious and comfortable . Decor is adequate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi USAtraveler077,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future.

Please contact me and I will offer you an upgrade during your next stay. Again thank you for posting your review and have a great day!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is located in a mixed business/residential neighborhood near the lake shore, Wrigley Field and Boys Town. From the outside it looks like many of the nearby residential buildings.

My room was large, the entry area, which included a desk, somewhat separate from the bedroom. Nice flat screen TV and wireless internet in the room. I didn't hear any outside noise.

One of the best hotel breakfasts I've seen in a long time: Eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal as hot items, plus toast, english muffins and best of all cinnamon rolls from Ann Sathers (which has a location just across the street) plus juices and coffee/tea.

There is both a sauna and whirlpool in the exercise room.

Room Tip: I think the entire hotel would be quiet, I was well down the hall from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi Terrell_msp,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.

We are always looking for ways that we can improve our hotel and we are pleased to hear your comments concerning our breakfast. As we continue to rotate our selection and add new products hopefully we will be able to enhance your experience next time you visit our hotel.

Please contact me and I will offer you an upgrade during your next stay. Again thank you for taking the time to post your review and have a great day!