“expected more”

Ranked #41 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Stockholm, Sweden
“expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I must admit that I was rather disappointed at the room. We did not choose the cheapest available rate and for over 200USD per night I expected something corresponding to the pictures on the web site. Room 314 was not that! At the end of the corridor with a very small window to a car park.
The hotel gets credit for the location, cleanliness and sleep quality. A big minus for the poor breakfast. The hotel has no kitchen so the products are long life products. Cutlery, plates and mugs -> all plastic! We preferred to enjoy breakfast in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juhani T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Picked this place for location to boys town, restaurants and business meetings, knowing that for the price it would be a letdown, but that I would be rarely in the room. Mistake number one. This place had great rooms, a bathroom I wish I had at home, really pleasant front desk staff and very helpful and will gladly stay here again. Restaurants all over, Ann sather, Starbucks, pingpong( highly recommend this restaurant). The trains about a 10 min walk from hotel. Not bad at all. Loved this hotel

Room Tip: Elevators are loud. Try for a loom at far end from elevator they bing all the time no pool that I re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Oh my! I wrote so many remarks on a card at the hotel, I hope I can remember them all. So, first this is, without a doubt, the best Best Western hotel we have ever stayed in. When the bellman opened the room door I thought there had been a mistake. The double queen room was so large I thought we had been put in a suite! The decor was amazing, very pleasing and the room was very clean. The beds made us cry with happiness the next morning. TV, fridge, microwave, safe, bathroom all outstanding. I am not and never have been employed by any Best Western. I was, however, once employed at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco, and my job entailed overseeing outside contractor's work (carpeting, painting, etc.) so I think I'm a pretty good judge of what a hotel room should look like. Without a doubt, our room at Best Western met Hyatt standards but without the Hyatt prices. Thank you so much for making our trip to see Wrigley Field much better than we expected. ♥

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Madison, WI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best Western Hawthorn Suites is OUTSTANDING in every capacity. This facility is in the 'heart' of Wrigleyville on Chicago's near north side. The entire staff, from the General Manager on down to the room service personnel are friendly extremely competent. You are within walking distance of Wrigley Field and all the fine restaurants and clubs in the area. City Bus service is right outside the front door. I recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Fernandina Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent staff and facility. Well located for our purposes! Family trip to help child relocate. Near all of our necessities, restaurants, grocery stores, hardware stores. Pet friendly which was a must for us and it paid off well.

Glen Ridge, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was nicely furnished. Staff was too laid back and did not take responsibilities for problems that arose, including missing breakfast items, and did not know much about the neighborhood or how best to travel to/from the hotel. The bill was different than the reservation even though nothing additional was purchased.

2 Thank Jonathan M
Mount Gilead, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you're staying in the north end or want to be near the lake, this is a good starting point. The neighborhood is quiet and seems safe. Redline ell access is about six blocks or so away and you're only about 15 mins. walking distance to Wrigley Field. The hotel staff is very courteous and the rooms are clean and nice. The breakfast is a real let-down for this chain....very little variety, not well attended-to, cramped. Plan on going out for breakfast if you're picky. We would stay here again based on the location alone, so the helpful staff and nice rooms are a bonus. Parking is right next door at $26 a day if you drive in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Smagnumpi
bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello,

I was reviewing comments concerning your stay and I would like to find out more information. You mentioned that we could improve our property if we had better variety with our breakfast items. Is there something you would like to see as part of our breakfast selection or was there something that you didn't like about our selection? I would appreciate any additional information you may have concerning the breakfast selection.

If I can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact me at 773-244-3434. We hope to see you again soon! Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Jerry LoProto