“Great Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Milford, MI, USA
“Great Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our son has cancer and we have made 14 trips to Chicago since last September. We have stayed the the Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel every time we have gone there to support our son with his cancer treatments. This staff is the most caring and accomodating I have ever come encountered with. The rooms are always clean and welcoming.
I couldn't ask for better people or a better place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. The suites are exceptionally nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank ELIZABETH H
bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 773-244-3434.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hawthorne Terrace Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Lawrenceburg, Indiana, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Hawthorne Terrace is my preferred Chicago home away from home. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have everything I need to work and relax. The location is outstanding, with easy access to downtown and the outlying sites I visit during my almost weekly trips to Chicago.The area surrounding the hotel is vibrant, especially during the warm weather months!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank DRDox
bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is well maintained -Rooms are very clean. I stayed there twice, even though it is close to downtown its quite and calm .I would definitely stay there again when I am in Chicago next. But it is Slightly over priced. Breakfast has good options and the receptionists at the time of my visit were friendly and helpful.

If you are visiting Chicago... It is convenient to stay here , take buses to downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bigbear_om

Bishop, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited here for the first time recently with some friends to catch a couple of Cubs games. This is a well kept older hotel with very professional and helpful staff. Not mush space in the rooms but it serves a purpose. They serve a basic hot breakfast in the morning that starts your day off right. My only real issue is the price they charge. Very high for what you get. They seem to be the only game in that vicinity so I guess they can charge what they like.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 8640

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I landed in Chicago and my friend asked me to check into the Best Western Hawthorne Terrace. Not knowing what to expect, I got into a cab hoping and praying that it would be a neat and clean place. I was pleasantly surprised!! The building itself looks very quaint & cute (old world charm). The check in process was handled very smoothly by Ken. My last stop over was Vegas and people there were...well... rude!! and Ken was like a balm to all of those nasty experiences at Vegas. He was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The location is perfect. If you are sightseeing in Chicago, this is a good choice. The hotel is close to bus routes. The price is reasonable. They have a small lobby where they serve breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, but good enough to keep you going till lunch. The hotel is situated in an area which has many great restaurants. We are vegetarians and Ken suggested the "Chicago Diner" which was absolutely wonderful!! The hotel does not have any restaurants or in room dining, so if you are looking to just relax at a hotel and eat in, this is not the place for you. If you want a place which feels like home and some warmth on your trip I strongly recommend this hotel. Thank you Ken for making us feel looked after!! God bless!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rashmirao
bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent three nights and there was more than enough room for four in the two bedroom suite. So awesome to have full kitchen. Having breakfast there in the morning was a great perk. Amazing restaurants in the area and lake Michigan one block away. Great patio in front for relaxing and wonderful people watching. Only drawback is bathroom would be better self contained as sink was out in the open area. Would highly recommend this place. It is in a great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family