Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
The Willows(Chicago)
Belair Hotel(Chicago)
  • Restaurant
1,072 results
All reviewswrigley fieldparking garage next doorlakeview areaboys townann sathergreat locationnice neighborhoodwithin walking distancecubs gamehardwood floorscharming hotelcontinental breakfastthe breakfast areajunior suitelake michigannorth siderestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My first visit at the Hawthorne Terrace was wonderful--I have stayed in different Chicago hotels downtown on/near Michigan Avenue or by O'hare but have not considered this neighborhood before. Walking from the Wrigley Field L platform, this hotel was about eight blocks east and five blocks south (real blocks--if you want "Chicago blocks", divide by four).

The hotel has contemporary, well cared-for rooms that are space-efficient with a desk, king size bed, wall-mount nighstands, closet w/ safe, and TV with credenza, rooms have windows that often face the adjacent building. Bathrooms are modern and feature stone countertops, in-mirror lighting, and a shower/tub combination. The lobby and breakfast area are small but well suited for an inn of this size and meet the expectations of a value-priced stay.

The fitness room and spa/sauna is a recent rennovation and in wonderful condition--perfect to unwind in and all equipment seemed a premium to what is found in most hotels. The jets in the whirlpool are amazing--bring your swimsuit.

Staff are knowledgable of the area, transporatation, and attractions. The desk staff on duty in the evening had first-hand knowledge of the restaurants that lined Broadway as well as Halstead. The inn is in a commercial street but abuts a residential neighborhood in a part of Chicago renown for its hospitality and gay/lesbian nightlife. The adjacent parking ramp is owned by a seperate entity and not in the best shape but this location is so convenient to mass transit, it would be foolish to bring a vehicle unless you had to. Grocery, dining, nightlife, transit, and entertainment all in a short walk.

Likes: free breakfast, modern furnishings, spa/sauna/fitness room, location, staff, and quiet.
Dislikes: breakfast area is small.

Room Tip: Side rooms don't have a view but are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
bwht, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 773-244-3434.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary last year and we got a king suite that we loved! We stayed again this year and apparently only booked a king room not a suite. The per night rate was more expensive this year even though the room was NOT a suite. We tried to upgrade and they were full. The regular king room was small and the bathroom was tiny. We had an alley view (not romantic) and got woken up by people across the alley at 2am. If you can get a suite I would definitely recommend staying here. It's very close to Wrigley Field and across the street from Ann Sather Restaurant - Great location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newlyweds53108
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My stay at the Best Western Hawthorne Terrace in Chicago was the best hotel experience I have ever had. From the moment I walked in the door to check in until the moment I Ieft: I had service beyond my expectations. From the manager to the employee setting up the continental breakfast, I could not expect any better service. The hotel and rooms were beautiful. Every aspect of the rooms from the hardwood floors to the great walk in rain showers.
I look forward to my next stay at this hotel and won't stay anywhere else in Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Location and building is beautiful. Things ran smoothly, or the staff jumped in and made it right in a heartbeat. Always welcomed with genuine concern for our happiness...great to feel like an establishment actually appreciates your patronage. And, we can't say enough about the Ann Sather's cinnamon roles (a local pastry shop provides the free breakfast munchies...a local treasure!).

Thanks for the great stay. Can't wait to come back & visit Chicago, again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business