“My nightmare”

Ranked #40 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“My nightmare”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My room was comfortable until either the air conditioner or fridge went off during the night when I was sound asleep
I was not impressed with having breakfast off paper plates

The staff were great and accomodating when required

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 12, 2013

"Location location location," they say. And they're right. But a great location here doesn't equate to a stay even remotely passable. A suite (room 309) located across from my room turned out to be an off-site frat party for a couple handfuls of college boys. They were loud. They were drunk by 8pm already. They dragged furniture from their room into the hallway. They were passed out in the hallway. They insulted me and my partner. I had to approach the reception desk 3 times (the telephone in my room didn't work!) in order to have the pigsty addressed. And the ruckus still continued. Add to this the fact that room service failed to clean my room on the second day of our stay, the fact that everything on floor 4 was audible in my room, and the fact that the reception desk staff was incompetent, and you get one lousy stay and one p*ss*d-off guest. Had I even gotten to answer typical check-out questions like "Did you enjoy your stay with us?" or "Is there anything we should know about the room?" I would have spoke my mind. But no. The woman was only doing her job. My job therefore is to warn YOU that this hotel entails a risk. Book this dump if you're willing to take a chance that your stay will be like staying at the zoo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank real70angst
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is in a great location to hit the highlights of Boystown but is also close enough to El stations to be able to quickly get to all of the tourist spots downtown. Our King room was spacious and very clean. If you are taking the train to the hotel, I'd recommend getting off at the Addison stop on the Red line. On the map, the hotel looks like it's between the Belmont and Addison stops, but we found it to be a quicker walk to Addison. I'd definitely stay at this hotel on future trips to Chicago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JMR_DCA
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked this hotel for a New Year's trip to Chicago and I have to say I love it! We got a king suite which had 2 king beds and a pull out couch. We had a lot of people staying in the room and they didn't give us trouble about it - hey we are young and on a budget! It also worked out great because we stayed in the seperate building from the lobby. We picked it because it's one of the only hotels in the Wrigleyville/Lake View area and that is where the bar was we were going to. The room was really nice, updated, clean, with a great bathroom. It was quiet and felt cozy and I much prefer the location to staying right downtown. That area of Broadway is great because there are a lot of good restaurants to choose from and you don't get the tourist traps like you do downtown. Definitely will be on my list for future Chicago trips!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wooddale,Il
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very impressed with the room. The bed was comfy, and the rain shower was awesome. Very close to blueman group show and good resturaunts . Great shopping area too! We were very happy with our visit and will return again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. The rooms are nice and the location is great if you want to remain near Wrigleyville. Getting a cab from here wasn't so easy though. I waited 10 minutes out in the cold even after the front desk said they had turned on the cab light. I would have thought they could call a cab if cabs didn't frequently pass by. The room I was in had an extremely noisy heater that sounded like an engine starting up every time it kicked on and kept me awake at night.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple