5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$329
Expedia.com$329
Hyatt.com$329
Hotels.com$329
Trip.com$332
FindHotel$329
1,711 results
All reviews the loop front desk great location willis tower free breakfast chicago downtown brick wall public transportation great stay oatmeal spacious rooms walking distance union station would stay again millennium park block uber
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

I only occasionally write bad reviews of hotels - it's a hard business after all and I'm not that hard to please.

However, I booked not one but two rooms here for four nights for a business trip at nearly their retail rate. My colleague was offered at check-in, a room on the 7th floor "with a view" according to the desk clerk. When she proceeded the check me in (both rooms were on my credit card), she assigned me the 15th floor, but didn't mention the "with a view". I did not think about it until I walked into my room - which was admittedly quite pleasant - and realized that my windows faced a brick wall 20 feet away and there is nearly no cell phone reception in my room (I have Verizon which works fine most everywhere).

So here's my beef. I am here for 4 nights. Why wasn't I either given a "room with a view" or offered to switch rooms after the first night? I'm actually still here for another two nights.

It's a great location especially if you like to walk and are comfortable using the transit system. However, Hyatt, where's the love for a customer who booked 8 room nights at near retail????

1  Thank Ulla G
Aaron O, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / Downtown - The Loop, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Hi Ulla G! Thanks for reaching out via TripAdvisor. We occasionally upgrade guestrooms at check in when availability allows us to, which can be a nice way to thank our guests for choosing to experience Chicago with us! We are happy to explore alternative rooms that better meet your expectations, but as always you may guarantee a room with a view by specifically booking that room type. If you are still visiting with us, please feel free to come see the front desk as we are happy to address any and all concerns! Thanks again for reaching out, we hope to change your impression of our care and service for the remainder of your experience with us!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Very clean and nice rooms. Great and helpful customer service. Breakfast was a little bit unorganized and not a lot of choices. In general I had a great experience at this hotel, I will choose it again without any doubt.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Daydream06159507500

Great, thanks Daydream06159507500! Thrilled to hear you enjoyed the experience overall and I appreciate the feedback on breakfast. We are always looking for opportunities, so I hope you are pleasantly surprised for your next visit to Hyatt Place Chicago - The Loop!

Reviewed May 13, 2019

The Hyat Place was very clean and in freat condition. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in went very fast and check-out was also very good. Breakfast was an additional plus. This location provides a full hot breakfast to their reward members. Overall the stay was very good.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Wow, great review! We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your visit to Chicago! We look forward to next Chicago experience!

Reviewed May 13, 2019

My overall stay at this hotel was nice. The rooms were clean and roomy and the staff were very pleasant. The weather in Chicago was very rainy and cold this week, and I could never seem to get my room at a desired temperature as the thermostat didn't seem to increase my heat. By day three, I'd requested a heater which made my last night more cozy. The food at the restaurant was pretty good; however, there is no room service as the restaurant goes to a limited menu at 11pm. It would be nice if the more popular food items were offered later. Overall a good stay.

1  Thank Meander10447718419

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed all that the Hyatt Place Chicago – The Loop had to offer. See you on your next trip to The Loop!

Reviewed May 11, 2019

The hotel was clean and what I generally expect. It is convenient to everything I was doing downtown. I was a little irritated restaurants close very early within a few blocks of there if you want a quick bite.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thanks for the review and feedback! Our team will be able to assist with many options for food and beverage on your next visit to The Loop! Thanks again for the review, hope to see you soon!