“What a real pub should be!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elephant & Castle Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

Elephant & Castle Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Dayton, Ohio
“What a real pub should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent beer selection and atmosphere. Good friendly service and a good menu with many great foods. You won't leave hungry or unhappy! Always feels like home when I make it to Chicago.

Visited October 2013

“Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We really liked the atmosphere at this pub. It was laid back and a good place for a Friday night after work. The food was hit and miss. We had the Truffle and Parmesan chips with horseradish for our appetizer. These were really good and a decent sized portion for 2 people. The traditional cheeseburger was very good as well. I had the chicken pot pie and felt like it was overpriced at over $13. It wasn't very big and I felt like I had ordered a chowder instead of a pot pie. The fries my husband had were just okay. I would go back and try something different to eat because I liked the ambiance. The staff was friendly.

• Visited October 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“British pub name but still very much American”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great place for any meal of the day. A very British and Irish flavour to the menu but enough americanisation to satisfy those who think that plain well prepared food is not good enough. The service is generally very good though at peak times they would benefit from having a couple more staff. Wait staff levels are by biggest bugbear in the US. They pay minimum wage but still don't have enough servers at peak times - rant over.
If you are staying locally then this is ideal for breakfast (and or dinner after a long day sightseeing) as it will set you up ready for that long day. They also have free wifi if you can't live without Facebook etc for a few days!
All in all a good place to eat that is popular with the locals as well. They serve a good Guinness if you need a drink.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Happy Staff in a Sad, Dated Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Some of the nicest staff I have encountered at a hotel. Unfortunately, this hotel is long overdue for a makeover and I'd say it meets Crowne Plaza standards, in 2003. Everything is just old, worn and not the cleanest...if I can find dust covering the arms of a side chair, what other dust bunnies in out of the way places am I missing. Definitely NOT worth the price paid.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

It looks like an average pub type of restaurant so we weren't expecting anything special, but it was quite good. We asked our waitress for a recommendation for an appetizer and per her suggestion, tried the fried pickles, which were perfectly battered in panko and fried to a golden brown. They were also a good size. I had the Shepherd's pie which was a hearty and tasty dish. Probably the best Shepherd's pie I've ever had. It came with a mixed green salad, which was good. My husband had the fish and chips and felt that it was just OK.
Overall a solid place for pub fare.

• Visited September 2013