“Best BBQ I've had”

Smoque BBQ
Ranked #4 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Chicago, Illinois
“Best BBQ I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the place where we bring our Swedish visitors to taste real American BBQ. (And, of course, when we get the craving, we're there!) There's always a long line, they've been crowded for years. I think the best bet is to call ahead, place your order, and take it to go (you will still have to do some waiting, though).

I have to mention the fries. They are possibly the most amazing fries around. Totally addictive and fresh (these babies are not frozen, ever).

And, of course, the BBQ... it's all delicious. You can't go wrong with anything you order. If you're smart, you'll get a small group together, order a bunch of different stuff, and share it all. It's always surprising to me how the different cuts of meat taste SO different - usually, when you BBQ things, they all come out tasting pretty similar.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
“Delicious. Long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I saw this restaurant on DDD and I really wanted to try the brisket. The wait was a bit long. It took about 45 minutes to place my order then another 30 minutes to get my food to go. The food smelled amazing and it was worth the wait. I would recommend this place to my friends.

Tulsa , Oklahoma
“Awesome Q!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I saw this place on television and sent my Chicago friends out to try it. They loved it!! I couldn't wait to get to the City to try it for myself. I was not disappointed! You know when you walk in that the food is good because the line is always long lol! I had ribs, mac n cheese hot links cold slaw and corn bread....mmmm the cornbread! Plenty of food and it was served on a platter and spread out before me like the feast that it was. The only reason I gave it a less than excellent rating is due to the price - a little pricey, and the seating is very tight - wall to wall packed. You can always get your food to go but I like to get the full experience and it was great!! Note that it's closed on Monday.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hollywood68
Russellville, Arkansas
“BBQ this good should be illegal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Who knew that such good BBQ would be found not in Memphis, nor KC, nor Dallas - but Chicago of all places. This little neighborhood restaurant on the North Side of Chicago serves up some of the best BBQ you'll ever find.

The hallmark of good BBQ is how well it stands on its own without sauce. If you had this pulled pork, you'd eat it by the handful, no sauce needed. The fries were out of this world, and the macaroni and cheese was homemade and baked in little tin ramekins.

Come by - if you can find a place to park - you won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2014
chicago
“BEST MAC N CHEESE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had a taste of this at a friends birthday party so I went there for lunch about a year later, its about an hour from my house. its small inside, it fills up pretty fast. I had the briskett dinner with cornbread and mac n cheese. This is the best mac ever! so good I ordered from their catering dept for my Grandmas bday party and got a whole pan of it along with both types of ribs, everyone seemed to like the st louis ribs the best and briskett. The catering dept was wonderful they emailed me after I ordered and called the day of pick up. everything was packed very neatly in heavy duty containers. it stayed warm and i was traveling for a few hours. Everyone was impressed and kept asking where is this from? Great job Smoque! Thanks!

• Visited April 2014

Been to Smoque BBQ? Share your experiences!