“Great food off the beaten path.”
Review of Smoque BBQ

Smoque BBQ
Ranked #5 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't get to have good bbq very often. I am so glad we stopped here! We even stopped again on the way to the airport. The food was fantastic. We both ordered completely different dinners so that we could try a little of everything. At the recommendation of another trip advisor contributed we tried the brisquit chili. It was awesome!! We really enjoyed everything we ate accept for the cole slaw. It was vinegar based, which I like, but it had a lot of raw onions in it. The other disappointment was there were no greens or veggies on the menu. Dining is cafeteria style, you order your food, find a seat and then pick up your food when your number is called. Seating is banquet seating style where everyone sits together at a long table. It was surprisingly roomy and not uncomfortable. Difficult to find parking.

2  Thank dberrios2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to this restaurant. In sub freezing temperature the line was literally out the door. It was worth every minute I had to wait. Some of the best BBQ I've ever tasted. The ribs were outstanding! If you at all enjoy macaroni and cheese, you must try it at this place. It was the best macaroni and cheese I've ever had. I just wish the portion had been larger. The price was slightly on the high side and the atmosphere wasn't comfortable because of the crowd, but I'd go there again without hesitation. Only wish I lived closer...

2  Thank ranhorn
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good food good price good service bring your own beer. What more could you ask for? The same high quality as when it first opened. Get ready to wait after another Cub loss this summer.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love BBQ and Smoque did not disappoint. I liked the brisket better than the pulled pork, but both were very good. No fancy service - everything is disposable and quickly served. We will be back. Remember - closed on Mondays.

1  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love BBQ. Chicago has a lot of southern transplants, but somehow the BBQ is not up to snuff here. This is definitely one of the best true BBQ places in the city. The brisket, pulled pork and ribs are all delicious. My work will cater lunch for us from here every so often, and everyone marks that day on their calender.

There is definitely a smoke ring on the ribs if you are looking for one. The staff are also extremely friendly.

1  Thank Alex T

Been to Smoque BBQ? Share your experiences!