“Great Service on a Crowded Day”
Review of Meli Cafe

Meli Cafe
Ranked #341 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were a group of seven who had just watched some friends run by in the Chicago marathon. We were seated much more quickly than expected and the service was excellent despite the restaurant being packed. Good selection of juice drinks and smoothies. We all loved the food.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This cafe was so cute! Menu was extensive-- everything looked amazing, so it was hard to choose. I ended up with eggs with chorizo, cilantro, potaoes, tomatoes, jalapeños and cheese. Can't remember the name of the dish but it was fabulous! I practically licked the plate clean. Service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is by far the best breakfest place we have ever eaten at! My son and wife had been here before, so they took us. Wow! Food is fantastic! Juice is unbelievable, choose from over I think 15 kinds, all fresh squeezed, even with wheatgrass. Was always too full when we left, sometimes could not eat everything, which is unusual for our family! Prices great, top price for 4 of us adults was $60.00.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is a must eat in Chicago. Excellent food and homemade marmalade is to die for. The omelette's are huge and very good. The juice selection is great, I had the carrot, grapefruit and apple concoction.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Met colleagues here for breakfast before work. The space was very charming, well lit, well-staffed, and the acoustics were such that you could actually carry on a conversation. Lots of natural wood, lightly colored walls, and the food was absolutely wonderful.

Great coffee, excellent espresso drinks, the apple juice is actually fresh pressed from apples on site, and they even had wheat grass shots (which I love!). I give this place a full endorsement. Definitely going back on my next trip to Chicago!