Lincoln Park Oasis
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$375
$281
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2011

If you want to be in a great area of Chicago, with the help of great people (owner), relaxing place...this is the place to be

Room Tip: Simply call the owner
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This might be a nice place - I wouldn't know because they apparently didn't want to rent it to us. I emailed an inquiry to reserve a unit - got no response. Emailed again only to get a short response saying they were booked. It was fairly far out in advance and I didn't believe her so I called. Left a voice mail - no response. I called again and she answered. Told me she didn't have the schedule in front of her but to email her and she'd get back to me. I did email her and she emailed me (this was the only time it was a fairly quick response) that they were all booked. I still wasn't buying it so I had a friend call. She told my friend she had one weekend that month booked but again didn't have the schedule in front of her but there was a 3 night minimum. That was never told to me. Nothing was consistent and response time (if I got one at all was slow). Very poorly run as far as I can tell. Too bad because we were looking forward to staying there. Guess we'll take our business elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dahlly
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I cannot comment on the property because I never got to stay there. However, I did experience problems with the booking process. I sent an availability enquiry for the marathon weekend (Oct 2011) and was advised of a 4 night minimum. We only needed 3 nights but having evaluated other options we decided to go for this one for longer than we needed. So, I emailed off a booking request and got a rapid response stating that she was out of town and would send me the booking form the next day. This came & went with no communication so I called to find out what was happening. I was told that another (smaller) group were interested in the property for 'my dates' and she would know by Weds if they would take it or not (why they get priority I have no idea - a cynical part of me thinks they don't exist). Then I get a message saying that this smaller group would consider moving to somewhere else but this would mean I would incur a 6 night minimum with an option of a 7th night free! I only needed 3!! Beware of taking the booking 'process' at face value. I booked somewhere else ............

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
LincolnParkOasis, Manager at Lincoln Park Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We go through many booking agencies. Another booking agency made our booking while we were on holiday and talking to the 1st group. I am sorry that it didn't work out with the 1st group.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The place was a perfect fit for our group of 6. A minor issue with the coffee maker was met with an almost instantaneous replacement and when we asked about other out-of-the-ordinary amenities, she made sure they were available. It was a nice quiet neighborhood yet only a short walk to transportation, groceries and restaurants. We are planning on a future stay already!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2011

"We had 7 women from the ages of 9 to 59 stay here and it was great. The kitchen was fabulous for making breakfast and coming home at night was a welcome rest after a busy day. The apartment is quiet, close to the L and the beach."

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family