“Booking problems”
Review of Lincoln Park Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Lincoln Park Oasis
Ranked #32 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I cannot comment on the property because I never got to stay there. However, I did experience problems with the booking process. I sent an availability enquiry for the marathon weekend (Oct 2011) and was advised of a 4 night minimum. We only needed 3 nights but having evaluated other options we decided to go for this one for longer than we needed. So, I emailed off a booking request and got a rapid response stating that she was out of town and would send me the booking form the next day. This came & went with no communication so I called to find out what was happening. I was told that another (smaller) group were interested in the property for 'my dates' and she would know by Weds if they would take it or not (why they get priority I have no idea - a cynical part of me thinks they don't exist). Then I get a message saying that this smaller group would consider moving to somewhere else but this would mean I would incur a 6 night minimum with an option of a 7th night free! I only needed 3!! Beware of taking the booking 'process' at face value. I booked somewhere else ............

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
LincolnParkOasis, Manager at Lincoln Park Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We go through many booking agencies. Another booking agency made our booking while we were on holiday and talking to the 1st group. I am sorry that it didn't work out with the 1st group.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The place was a perfect fit for our group of 6. A minor issue with the coffee maker was met with an almost instantaneous replacement and when we asked about other out-of-the-ordinary amenities, she made sure they were available. It was a nice quiet neighborhood yet only a short walk to transportation, groceries and restaurants. We are planning on a future stay already!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2011

"We had 7 women from the ages of 9 to 59 stay here and it was great. The kitchen was fabulous for making breakfast and coming home at night was a welcome rest after a busy day. The apartment is quiet, close to the L and the beach."

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This place is great! Perfect for a family and great location. The owner is so easy to work with and she is great. The place was very clean and located close to the train. We had such a great time! My family used it for a family reunion and it was perfect. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2011

The unit was very comfortable, was in a great location, and had plenty of room for six of us. If I were going back again with a group, I would definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2011

To make a long story short, consistent with the last two reviews, I too was "bumped" out of holding a reservation by one of her booking companies. Something better came along, and she cast me aside despite many email and phone conversations, and having sent the rental agreement. I am so disappointed, and am now left scrambling to find a place for our group. Totally stinks.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
LincolnParkOasis, Manager at Lincoln Park Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

I sent the guest a rental agreement on Sat, and I heard back from her 3 days later on Tue that she will mail the form on Wed. On Mon night someone else had made the reservation already. It wasn't a better reservation, it was for 2 nights only and at a reduced rate. We can only hold a reservation for 1 - 2 days. We have had too many problems in the past of guests showing interest in making a reservation and then for some reason or the other they don't. This way we were loosing too many potential bookings. We give each guest to either make a reservation electronically or via mail. We specify that the reservation will only be confirmed once we receive the signed rental form and the security deposit. If a guests chooses to do it via mail then there is a risk of someone else booking a place. We have had people cancel out on the last minute as they found another place or simply their plans changed. We are a very small outfit and have very little profit margin. We offered the guests 2 free nights of stay as well. We are sorry that they lost the reservation. But I hope you can understand our position as well.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

I needed to get a place for my inlaws coming to visit. I searched everywhere, and was so relieved to find Lincoln Park Oasis. Location seems good, reasonable prices. I emailed the owner from the website and she confirmed my stay and said she would send me a reservation form. Well, I never got that form. My 2nd option in the meantime booked out. I called the phone # listed, and the person said that the owner was out of town. Great. I emailed several times and never heard back. Finally, about a week later I got an email saying that while she was away one of her agencies rented out my room. Terrible business practices.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends