“A great place to stay”

The Pittsfield Hotel
Ranked #46 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my mother and sister for 1month at the appartment at Randolph Street. The appartment, which was recently renovated, was very clean and extremely functional. There was a very nice gym and sitting area (looked all very new) in the building and in the meantime there should be also the swimming pool finished. I have done the reservation with Bogdan Morar from Sp Suites, he was very very helpfully, very kind and he always answered my emails immediately.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Katerina C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at 151 North Michigan Avenue for 4 nights. We couldn't find a decent hotel in the same area for under $180 so we decided to try a vacation rental. Booking the apartment was simple and hassle free. The agent who worked with us was very helpful and responded to my emails quickly. We found parking just outside the building for while we checked in. Check in was easy, the guard at the front desk had our keys ready. The apartment was spacious and the kitchen was very modern. The location was fantastic.

There were a few downsides. First, the cable TV stopped working after the first night. Not a huge deal because we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel and we had a laptop with us. However, I tried contacting the agent we dealt with and he never emailed back. It felt to us like they were quick to get the bookings but didn't care what happened after.

Second, the apartment was a little grungy. The walls in the entrance way could have used a new coat of paint 10 years ago - they looked filthy because they were so beat up.

Third, the mattress sagged significantly in the middle and was very bouncy - it made getting a good night's sleep a little difficult.

Fourth, there was mould in the shower.

Honestly, the price for this location was great. If they fixed the mattress and the shower, we would consider going back.

Underground parking is available for $30 a day with in and out privileges. We didn't take it because we went with Spothero.com and got a spot about two blocks from the apartment. We spent $90 for the four days but apparently we were not supposed to get in and out privileges. The parking attendant was flexible and accommodated us but I would recommend taking the parking in the apartment building unless you're willing to walk a mile or so to get a better deal on parking that also has in and out privileges.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I and another couple stayed in the 2b/2ba condo located on Michigan Avenue by Millenium Park. The place was really clean, nicely furnished, had lots of room, and the location was PERFECT! It was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do. Bogdan Morar worked all of the reservations out w me via email. He was awesome to deal with. He always responded to me within the hour and went above and beyond answering some of my questions. The front desk at the condos was also extremely helpful. They held our bags for us at the front desk on checkout day until we had to catch our flight. It was so convenient since we had like 3hrs to kill from checkout to when we had to be at the airport, and they recommended an amazing breakfast food place (Wilberry...Yum!!). Worth every penny!

2 Thank Delana P
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We reserved our apartment with Bernard Csergezan, Sales Manager for SP Suites, and we could not have been happier. He was extremely helpful and prompt responding to my questions via e-mail. The apartment itself is wonderful. Centrally located and next to the Washington/Wells elevated train. Modern kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, washer/drying in the unit, large bathroom, living room, huge closet, wifi and 2 tv's. The building has a rooftop pool, great fitness center, pool table and it's own dry cleaning. We can to Chicago to run the 2012 marathon and we were able to walk to and from the finish line. Also, there is a CVS, 7 Eleven, Starbucks, etc all on the same block as the building. Wonderful experience and would highly recommend Bernard Csergezan and SP Suites.

Room Tip: Much cheaper and way more convenient than a hotel in the heart of the Chicago loop.
1 Thank Jmadden311
Sonoma, California, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Showed up right at check-in and the man at the desk had no clue where our key was or what room number. Tried calling the numbers on my email confirmation and kept getting voice mail. (started feeling like I'd been scammed) After a while someone finally called back and said housekeeping would be right down. 30mins later, 45mins after check-in time, I got into my room. If check-out is 10am and check-in isn't until 430pm why wasn't my room done??? or Clean for that matter! .... read on.

Upon entering the place it was not what I'd consider clean. Mold on the shower curtain, hair in drawers, bits n pieces on the carpet. No duvet cover, more pillows than pillow cases, no extra blanket, no bath mat, a damp (used?) towel, blood on a sheet!, no dish towel, and no toilet paper is what greeted me!

I found the 'full' kitchen had nothing to cook with. One pot, one pan, some dishes and silver ware, not even a baking sheet to reheat something in the oven. What's the point of a kitchen if you have nothing to cook with??

The laundry was a scam! You can only pay in $5 increments. $3 just to buy a laundry card. If your only doing one load it will cost you $10!!

I'll never stay here again regardless of the price or location. Just gross!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kmsredsart

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I just finished 2 weeks at SP Suites Millenium Park location in Chicago. This is my second exprerience with SP Suites, and now both have been great. In particular, I would like to thank my trip advisor Bogdan Morar. Not only did he assist me for my 2008 Chicago trip, he assisted with this one. Bogdan knows each location well, and is always helpful.

I'm happy to be able to share my positive experience with SP Suites and Bogdan, and look forward to my next trip.

Bryan

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bryan N
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just returned from a 4-day dream vacation in Chicago. I am so grateful for finding SP Suites and Bogdan Morar who intermediated this special experience. My parents and I stayed at the apartment on Washington Street, a perfect location, in the heart of Chicago. We truly felt like home in the spacious, super clean, and well-equipped apartment, walking the city streets all around the apartment. I especially appreciated all the help that Bogdan provided before we actually arrived in Chicago and all the emails he responded to in such a professional manner (since I was traveling with my parents, I was a little anxious about the booking process). My parents are thrilled and very grateful for this unique experience. Thank you, Bogdan, and SP suites. I will return surely.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family