“Fabulous Rental”

Ranked #46 of 59 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
Portland, Maine
“Fabulous Rental”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June 2012 for a week's vacation from New England. The address on here is old though, it is now at 151 N. Michigan Ave.

First - their customer service is outstanding. The booking process was so easy and efficient. Bernard was my representative and it was all done by email. I then called a few weeks before we were scheduled to check in to make sure everything was all set for us, and I got a live agent after one ring. They answered my questions and gave me some extra information to help. The only other time I required assistance was when I called the day before we checked out to make sure I knew what we were responsible for regarding cleaning up, etc. Again, one ring and a live, helpful representative.

Second - the location is second to none. A 5 minute walk to one station, and a 7 minute walk to the other. Each station served multiple train lines, and we were able to get anywhere we needed to go without needing to switch to a different one. Being directly right on Millennium Park, Lake Michigan, and Michigan Ave was so, so convenient and great. I went for a morning run in the park every day. There is a bus stop right outside the building that we used several times. It took us no time at all to get everywhere. Walgreen's is right around the corner for everything you need. It is extremely easy to get to Midway airport, which we flew in and out of.

Third - the amenities were beyond expectations. I had planned on buying things like dish soap, sponges, coffee filters, and toilet paper, but they were all fully stocked. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and A/C was great. We had fantastic water pressure in the shower (small detail, but I look for that when I stay overnight somewhere). The 1 bedroom apartment we were in was decorated beautifully and very chic. We loved it.

Fourth - The price was unbeatable. We paid $149 per night for 5 nights. For everything we got, that was beyond worth it.

Fifth - the "extras" were awesome. The indoor pool on the top floor, the roof deck that provided amazing views, the gym, and business center are all extremely great to have.

I would absolutely recommend staying at this location. It was absolutely a pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've stayed there a few times and their locations are just great. You get exactly what you should expect from a corporate apartment. A unit in which you have almost everything you need. As they are not a hotel you will not get room service with toilet paper as some other guest pointed out, but for the size&value, what would one expect. i just enjoy staying with them over and over again.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors for better view and more silent units.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kafercj
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 4, 2012

In an area where it is hard to find lodging, we found a real deal in the SPSuite Logan Square two bedroom apartment. We were four adults and one toddler, so the two large bedrooms (plenty of room for the pack’nplay), two full bathrooms, full (and very new looking) kitchen, large living room, and washer/dryer were an amazing find. We had so much more space than we would have had in a hotel and we could have snacks and food always handy. It was clean and smokefree and even though it faces a very busy street (Fullerton) the bedrooms are in the back so the noise was not a problem. It sits on the corner of Fullerton and Kedzie (parking on those two streets is not great but there is plenty within a block or two on the side streets). It is also within walking distance of some great restaurants and shops, a Walgreens, and the Blue Line (about a twenty minute ride to downtown and also to O’Hare). The staff was wonderful (even brought us toilet paper when we discovered it was low)—I worked with Bogdan Morar and he made it all go very smoothly. It is a five night requirement which is what we were looking for and we figure we saved over $50 a night compared to the closest hotels (none of which were this convenient to the Square) and had a lot more space and amenities. For those savings and a full kitchen and washer/dryer I’ll give up daily maid service. We will definitely be staying with them again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Downers Grove
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have just booked an apartment with SP Suites. Bogdan Morar has been bend over backwards helpful to get our room booked. Bogdan responded to my emails all weekend long as we talked back and forth about the room, location, and pricing for our stay coming up in August. Bogdan asked with each email response if there was anything else that I needed or other questions I had. We are thrilled with our booking, the location and service so far. Hopefully the rest of the service with SP Suites will be as wonderful as this has been when we visit in August! Thank you Bogdan for making this so easy for me!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My daughter and her friend stayed at SP Suites Millenium. They had an amazing experience. The apartment was in a great location. The building staff were very friendly and helpful, and the apartment was very clean and nicely decorated. The price couldn't be beat. The staff at SP Suites were very friendly and patient while I was booking. We will definately use SP Suites again! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed here for three nights with two other business associates. The location is super, doorman friendly, apartment was clean, but do bring your soap and shampoo as this is not a hotel. However, for the price and size this is a good deal. I had no problems getting cabs or other transportation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pgolden1
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at the SPSuites at MilleniumII. At the beginning there was a little heckup. So we had to stay at a hotel for one night. SPSuites resolve the problem quickly. The building staff and tentants were very nice, we even made some friends. My husband and I needed some over-due R & R and this was the place: the Ford threater and other theaters-ballet and performing arts, art galleries, culture center, dining and cocktails, and the great antique shops, all are within walking distance.
The only downside, we were on the 10th floor where two businesses are located - which I did not like, and the linen needs replacing - very, very thin.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple