“Awesome neighborhood!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Dayton, Washington
“Awesome neighborhood!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed here a few days before heading downtown for work conference. Super fun neighborhood with great friendly people. Bars restaurants shops coffee houses and more. If you like vintage shopping, this is the place from high end to get your elbows dirty digging through racks. Found some amazing items. The Inn was great, felt like home - accommodated every request. Would give 4stars but for no bath tub. I'm a big bath taker. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The wicker park inn was just what we were looking for as a base for exploring the city. The room was spacious and beds comfortable with a convenient location for local pubs and restaurants. To get down to the loop and main attractions of Central Chicago we got the L train which was very close by.

• Stayed May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip in March. My room was the Tuscan room, which was clean and looked just like the website photos. I felt a little bit uncomfortable about the room's "private entrance" on the side of the building. The door has a half moon window near the top with no covering, allowing any tall person walking past or any resident of the building across the court yard to see in (assuming proper lighting conditions - i.e. nighttime outside, lights on inside Tuscan room). The other thing I did not like about my room was its location beneath the breakfast room. My first morning I was awakened VERY early by chairs being dragged around. I was prepared for the noise of the train, which runs very close to the inn, but I was not prepared for the sound of feet/chairs moving overhead and for that reason I would not stay in this room again if I returned to this inn.

Besides those two concerns, I had a very favorable experience. The room was spacious and clean with tasteful decor, and the bed was very comfortable. I really liked the shampoo/conditioner that was provided! The free wi-fi worked very well and the staff was very friendly and even gave me directions so I wouldn't be late to a dinner meeting. The complimentary morning breakfast met my needs perfectly. The location was very convenient - I would stay here again, but I would pick a different room next time.

Room Tip: The Tuscan Room is beneath the breakfast room so be prepared for the sounds of feet/chairs overhead...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. We were visiting our daughter at DePaul University, in Lincoln Park. The location for our visit was perfect. It was in a very nice neighborhood with great restaurants in walking distance. We stayed in the Chicago Room which was spacious with a large bath and closet as well as a queen size bed and a single. The common area dining and kitchen felt like home with snacks available at all times. Robin, our host was also very helpful with ideas for activities on a rainy day. We also found parking on the street 3 different times though after 10 pm was a little difficult.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Wicker Park Inn is in a great location. I stayed in the Tuscan room. The room was very clean (except for the carpet which was so dirty I hated to take my shoes off) and spacious (except for the bathroom where there was no place to set anything down. The room is not well insulated, so not only could I hear the trains going by, I could also hear every phone conversation that the woman in the next room was having, as if she was actually in my room with me. This wouldn't have been such a big deal, except that she liked to start calling friends and family at 7AM EVERY morning! Also, the kitchen area must be directly above the Tuscan room, because I could hear footsteps, chairs scraping against the floor and coughing. The breakfast was very disappointing. Most B&B's I have stayed with provide a lovely home cooked breakfast, but the Wicker Park Inn provided a "help yourself" choice of cold ham & cheese sandwiches, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. After the first day I opted to get breakfast elsewhere. I'm not sure that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed in the Arden apartment and then in the COD room. The garden apartment was amazing. Felt like my own apartment. I would so stay there again! As well as the cod room. I like the way that the rooms were apartments itself and the spacing in the room is very roomy. The price was great for a room like that.

• Stayed April 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

With children living in the area for the last several years, we have been looking for the perfect place to stay when we visit. We have now found it! Can't say enough good about it--the location is very convenient, the whole place was spotlessly clean, the hosts were very friendly and accommodating, the breakfast and snacks were tasty and appreciated....it did not bother us (we are used to city noise) but the only downside might be the closeness of the "el" and its noise (earplugs were available right in the room, if needed) as we stayed in the Chicago room.
We look forward to another stay on our next visit to Chicago!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family