“cosy, very nice location!”
Review of Wicker Park Inn

Wicker Park Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2011

stayed there for one night in oct 2010. streetside parking was slightly tough to find but after a couple of circles i managed to secure a spot right underneath my room window. the drive from airport was very easy, just a couple of turns after getting off the freeway. the room was nice, wifi was free, hot water was hot. the street was pretty quiet, got good sleep. liked the bars near milwaukee ave. would go again any time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank urmsu888

Reviewed September 11, 2011

When we travel to Chicago we usually stay downtown and try a different hotel each time. This trip we stayed out of the downtown area in Wicker Park at the Wicker Park Inn. This was a very nice change from the larger hotels downtown. There were many positive points about the Inn (WPI). First, the location is awesome! Wicker Park is so much fun to walk around and shop, try new restaurants, etc. The Inn is on a lovely, tree lined residential street., very quiet. Second, we have family in the area so we usually drive so parking downtown is such an expense and a hassle. Our stay at the WPI included parking on the street right in front of the inn. Check-in was very easy. Our room was nice, nothing too fancy, but comfortable. The area where breakfast is served was nice also. Breakfast was OK, nothing to brag about though. They had a lovely selection of teas but you could not make or get coffee except at breakfast. I would prefer a small coffee maker in the room or one in the breakfast area. The floor was squeaky. as was our bed, but not a big deal.
All in all we really liked the WPI and will stay there again. Even with a few flaws it is more convenient and personable than some of the hotels downtown.

Room Tip: check the room descriptions carefully and call if you are not sure which one to book. Each is differ...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gaelicmom3
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed in the Blue line suite and was surprised that it blew my expectations away! Other reviews talk about the noise of the Blue Line Train as it passes, but I found this less of an issue than doors slamming at any hotel! In fact, during the night I never once was bothered by the train passing. To me it was a non issue!
Room was clean, comfortable and much larger than expected. Having our own entrance from the back of the house was very nice. Felt like we had our own apartment in the city.
Free parking in a city that makes you pay EVERYWHERE you park was the deal maker for us! We had two cars and would have paid $100 to park them both for the night at any other hotel in the area!
Only complaint, the keeper never mentioned where breakfast would be or at what time it would be availble. Went into the main house at 0830 and found nothing and nobody around. We left an found breakfast on our own but was not a big deal!

Will stay at the Wicker Park Inn again soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lakerdude96
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is why I love trip advisor! I wanted to stay closer to my son's neighborhood in Chicago and most hotels are giant high rises in the loop. I was so lucky to find this charming b&b in the heart of a great neighborhood thanks to Trip Advisor and was very prepared for my stay. Check in was very easy, staff super friendly and the neighborhood charming with tons of great restaurants and fun, funky vintage shops within easy walking distance. The el is easy walking distance and there are plentiful cabs and buses just one street away. I stayed in the Tuscan suite, which has it's own entrance and bath. It was clean, attractive and roomy and there was a lovely garden area right outside my door. A great place to have coffee in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and soft and there were plenty of towels in the bathroom. I did read lots of reviews and took a sound machine, so the sound of the el was hardly noticeable when sound machine was on and did not bother me at all. However if you require total silence at night this might not be for you. I did hear the the sound of folks walking around upstairs in the common room early in the morning. The floorboards squeak quite a bit, but it is an older house. The only other difficulty I had was trying to get ready for an evening out. This room has a pedestal sink in the bath and there is no shelf in the bathroom to put your toiletries and such on, so it was a bit difficult to find a place for my stuff when trying to get ready. A makeup mirror on the desk would make such a difference and allow two people to get ready at the same time. Again, just a small issue that would certainly not deter me from choosing this hotel again the next time I head to Chicago. I really enjoyed my stay here and the location was perfect if you want to steer clear of the loop.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CJJ092
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Location, Location, Location.....Great spot, great people!. We stayed in the Cape Cod room and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The Wicker Park area is full of great restaurants and nightlife as well as retail shopping. $10-$15 to downtown by cab or $5 all day pass on the Train. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Cape Cod was ideal
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed in the "Blue Line" Studio, which backs up against (wait for it) the blue line tracks. The train runs no fewer than 3 times an hour, so be prepared for some serious train noise throughout your stay. That said, the studio is fantastic. Very clean, very comfortable. The kitchen and bath are spotless, the bed very comfortable. I can see this being great for a couple wanting to check out the neighborhood before moving here, taking a weekend getaway, or someone in town for work during the week (if you're a heavy sleeper).

A few other snags: There's very little natural light (with any hope for privacy, that is). The main room's best window faces directly into another room's window. Additionally, during my stay, the studio unit was surrounded by a construction crew climbing ladders, playing music and drilling beginning around 8:30 or so. I would have appreciated a heads up from the proprieters when I checked in. At $99, it was a good last minute deal, but it would have been courtesy to note that there was work being done this morning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank celrae
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place was perfect for a couple to get away from the everyday busy lives we all have. The neighborhood was easy to get to, had major public transportation (and taxis) nearby, enough parking on the street, and had a young, hip & trendy atmosphere while still being close enough to downtown Chicago. The neighborhood has plenty of shops & bars and seems like a perfect place for the young bohemians that live there. We stayed in the Blue Line Studio which gave us our own entrance which is very close to the trains so some may not like the noise. But these accommodations made us feel like home with a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. Even though we stayed in the dead of winter and had a lot of snow, we still walked all over Wicker Park - we hope to do it all again someday! The winter holidays are enjoyable in Chicago (check out Macy's at Christmas). Thanks Wicker Park Inn!

Room Tip: The Blue Line Studio has a private entrance in the back of the home.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple