“Good Chicken soup - great variety”

Manny’s Cafeteria and Delicatessen
Ranked #307 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Chicken soup - great variety”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had chicken soup, my husband had stew. Food was great! Old fashion, Cafeteria style. Good portions. Parking in the back, makes it easy to go there if you are driving.

• Visited May 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Retro cafeteria”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're looking for something off the beaten path, consider Manny's . The selection is huge and the portions generous. The corned beef was a huge hit. The size and efficiency of the operation makes it perfect for large groups.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Old Time Chicago Deli/ Great everything”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Cafeteria style, the way a lot of Deli's were in the 40's/ 50's.
Great sandwiches, corned beef/ pastrami/ brisket.
Get a tray, walk the line and get one large sandwich or go for the 1/2 sandwich and a bowl of soup. There is so much meat on the sandwich that you can take the bread(that comes with the soup) and make a couple of small ones before you eat what's left.
Its the only one like it that's left.
Very original, very Jewish Deli.
You can park for free in back or use their free valet parking.
They also have lots of dishes other than sandwiches but every time I go I have to have the pastrami.
Great deserts. Never have room for them so I suggest you eat your meal first and then go back( if you can).
I see people who are there for first time who end up ordering a sandwich and potato pancake and soup and leave with a half a sandwich.
Not cheap..about $15 for lunch but as good( or better IMHO) than anything you'll find in a NY Deli.
President Obama ate there right after he won (sandwiches to go).
Rahm and Mayor Daley ate there together.
A little south of downtown...cannot walk. Take a cab...its worth the food.
PS. instead of a little plastic cup for water, they give you a full size glass with ice. Water dispenser in center of restaurant. Help yourself, no charge.
They are open until 8PM but lunch is when it is happening.

• Visited April 2014
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Lunch so big we Skipped Dinner”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stopped in for a late-ish lunch (2pm) on our recent trip and WOW what a happy day! We all had the 1/2 sandwich special which is a 1/2 sandwich and side w/ a potato latke, kosher pickle spear, and roll. My daughter and I had corned beef, hubby had the pastrami. You pick your bread for your sandwich, we all had rye, but dark pumpernickel is a choice. My hudband and I had the Kerplach soup and our daughter had the Cream of Broccoli. So much food and so favorful! We took our time and were there over an hour just eating and talking, we left stuffed!!! It seems like a local hang out and everyone was very friendly! I wish I had been more adventurous and tried something else instead of my favorite but now I have an excuse to come back!

• Visited March 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Let's home places like this never go away. A Great Place!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

There are only a few places like this left in the U.S., old time Jewish style delis. I think that last two restaurants in Florida that served food like this closed in the past decade, Rascal House and Wolfie's, both on South and North Miami beach. The food here is timeless as are the people who work there. Great deli, humble atmosphere, quick no-nonsense service.

• Visited January 2014