“Customer Service at it's finest!”

Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
Ranked #57 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My team and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Chicago for the IEEE conference. The hotel is co-located with a Spring Hill Suites. Overall the hotel was fine, the rooms needed some updating, but it was clean and nice. The staff however, was what set this hotel apart! Shaun Sidebotham at the Front Desk really went above to ensure we had a comfortable stay, and make us feel welcomed. Kenny at the Breakfast service went out of his way to provide us service. My only disappointment was the parking arrangement. I understand parking is run by a separate company, but the communication was completely broken. It made us late for our Trade Show on the last day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Dan H, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review and thank you even more for the wonderful comments about Sean and Kenny! These two members of our team are true ambassodors of the hotel and strive to give each guest a memorable experience . I'm glad everything was nice for you. I'm sorry for the parking garage issues. We do what we can to ensure communication is at its best between the hotel and garage. If there is any additional information regarding the garage, please let us know so that I can inform the garage GM.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Girls went over weekend to check out colleges, had no complaints at all about the property so that's saying something. Hotel worked well as base of operations; however, not very near where they needed to go (restaurants, show's, schools and taxi's were way more then we budgeted) but was closest Marriott so it worked.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Dan H, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you very much for the nice 4-Star review! I am glad you and the girls enjoyed the stay and we hope the college trip was successful. We hope to have you back soon in the downtown / River North location!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were in Chicago so my spouse could take an exam at the Alliance Francaise so we made a weekend out of it. The Residence Inn was a reasonable choice, price-wise. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was close to the L, and there were a lot of good restaurant choices available. Our room was smaller than most Residence Inn's I've stayed at, but otherwise perfect - we had a full refrigerator, cook top, microwave and kitchen sink - all quite new. The included breakfast buffet was extensive with eggs, sausages, waffles made to order etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thomas n
Dan H, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you very much for the nice review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt the location was great! We hope to have you back the next time you visit the River North area!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

It's not too often that there's free breakfast at a higher star level hotel, so this was great; just get there early so that it's not as crowded. Tried to make it to the hot tub, but it was too crowded. Laundry room was helpful. Very nice suites with a kitchen and a fantastic view. Forgot my coat in the room and realized it a few hours after check out, went back and they found it for me right away - very helpful! Also, this was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the 5-Star review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our complimentary breakfast really is great with a wide variety of options. I also like to say we have some of the best breakfast servers you'll find as well. We hope to have you back at our hotel the next time you visit DT Chicago!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

When we arrived everything went very well, the valet was quick to help us with our things and the check-in process went fast. The hotel overall was very clean and the lobby area was updated quite nicely. I was a little upset during breakfast as I was getting food near the closing time for the buffet and one of the workers collected the food in front of me as I was clearly making my way down the line of items to choose from. The worst part about the stay was the mattress, as it was making popping sounds and seemed to be crushed down in some areas. Room service and the food were outstanding and the customer service over the phone whenever we had questions was very good. The location of this hotel is great, and although i had a couple of road-bumps, I would still stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonesforce1
Dan H, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review and for all of your honesty. I will certainly be reviewing these comments with our staff so we can address some of thee road bumps you encountered. I truly hope we do see you again on your next trip to DT Chicago!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The free breakfast they offer expired before we got to the dining area
27 floors and one tiny pool with a maximum capacity of 18
Location ideal for bar hopping not the best view for children
Possible recommendation for 20 somethings
Room was large but not worth the extra money

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Domenick V
Dan H, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. I am very sorry you felt our hotel was overrated during your stay. I'm sorry you missed the complimentary breakfast. We inform our guests of the times at check in so every guest can plan on taking advantage of this service. A lot of guests enjoy the views of the city from from their suite. We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in downtown Chicago, so I do hope you did notice our wonderful staff and clean facilities. We hope you give us another chance on a future visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went to see a show at the Navy Shakespeare Theatre over Valentine's weekend and it was COLD! But the hotel was lovely, clean and very conveniently located. The lobby has a nice, cozy fireplace and the staff was top notch! If I am ever back in the city- although, never, ever in February- I will gladly stay at this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa W

Thank you so much for the very kind review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. After this past winter we had, I too never want to be here in February. Thank you again for your kind words about the staff and we hope to have you back soon!