Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$375
$281
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
Travelocity
1,394 results
All reviewsbreakfast hostessgreat locationthe breakfast areafull kitchenriver northevery morningfree breakfastwithin walking distancebedroom suitepool and hot tubhot breakfastparking garagethe sofa bedtop floorhouse of bluesstreet levelyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed 3 days in October 2012 for the Chicago Marathon; I'm a repeat visitor to this property and every trip is perfection.

HOTEL STAFF: Entire staff from front desk to housekeeping to Imeteta at the Breakfast area (she is especially professional and loves her job) - all staff is extremely polite, professional and all go out of their way for each guest. The property was sold out the 3 days I was here due to the Marathon, the Notre Dame game and a huge Media Expo.....but, even with a full hotel....no problems.

HOTEL LOCATION FOR MARATHON: Those runners looking for a hotel.....this is your Race Hotel! Location is *perfect* for racers but especially for spectators joining you. While other hotels in the Loop might be closer to the start/finish.....this hotel is 1-2 blocks from Mile 1.5, 3.0 and 11.2.....all within easy walking distance of the hotel - so no need for the L until after Mile 11. And, between seeing your racer at 3.0 and 11.2 there is time to return to the hotel for breakfast. For runners, L Red Line Grand Station is less than 5 minutes away.

ROOM: We had a corner city view studio Rm 1902.....wrap around windows.....great view. Room was very roomy for a city hotel with more than enough space for the 4 of us. The kitchen enabled us to save some money by visiting the grocery store and buying food vice eating out for every meal.

BREAKFAST: Probably one of the best breakfast offerings from any hotel I have visited in a long time....plenty of hot food, as well as cold food - never runs out.....even with the huge morning crowds....plus 3 different newspapers (Wall St Journal, Chicago Times and USA Today).

No complaints regarding this stay and will gladly provide more info regarding the hotel to any runner (or anyone else) thinking about staying here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MARATHON-MCPO-USN
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and the location of the hotel was wonderful. A 10 minute walk to the Hard Rock restaurant to pick up the Double Decker Hop On/Hop Off Trolley. Portobello's hot dog restaurant there as well and Gino's Pizza, easy walk to Michigan Ave. and we walked to Millenium Park with no problem. The breakfast had a great variety and different everyday, the happy hour was a plus as well. The corner view room is very spacious and it was so nice to have a dishwasher, coffee maker and full size refrigerator. I booked in advance and got the AAA rate of $225 and was pleased with the rate and the hotel. It was the weekend of the Rider Cup so all hotels were booked and rates were well above the $225 price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sillywilly
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here September 2012. It was myself, my daughter, my sister-in-law, and mother-in-law. We were celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday. I had mentioned this when I reserved the room, but was very suprised when they actually took note and mentioned it upon check-in. They spoke to her and asked about her day. We had arrived from the airport at 9am, much before check-in time, so they tagged and took our bags from us and invited us to breakfast. It was very nice to go out of their way to do that, since we weren't "officially" checked in yet. Then they took our phone number so they could call us as soon as the room was ready. When we arrived back to get our room, we had a corner suite on the 21st floor with amazing views out the windows. And sitting on the table was a card for my daughter, signed by all the staff, and they had left a few snacks for her. She was so excited and I was touched. They definately went out of their way to make her feel special. Then each day at breakfast, the breakfast attendant was so nice and courteous. She remembered that some of us liked waffles, and made them for us. I'm so sorry I ddin't get anyones names, but I could easily thank everyone because everyone was so nice and helpful. The location was great, close to everything, and they even gave us a map that told which subway/bus to take to get to each tourist location. That was very helpful. We even called back to the hotel for directions and they were helpful in getting us back to the hotel. Breakfast was top notch, very delicious and a nice variety. Check-in and check-out very quick and easy, no problems with that. We did realize, after my daughter started sneezing, that our pillows were down, so at 11pm we called down to have alternative pillows brought up. The front desk was helpful and sent housekeeping right up with extra pillows. We weren't aware she would have an allergy, so there was no way they'd have known, but we appreciated their quick response. The pool and hot tub are on the top/27th floor. What a great view! It was a nice sized pool, with available chairs and towels. There was also a fitness room, which we didnt' visit,but could see from the pool. on our last night as we were heading back into the hotel, my daughter mentioned it being her birthday weekend, and a manager who happened to be in the same elevator acknowledged her comment and even offered to get her a treat, candy or something, but we thanked him and said no thanks, as it was nearly 10pm, but it's definately the thought that counts. It's one thing to be said that the hotel was nice and clean by itself, but the courtesy of the staff made this place amazing.

Room Tip: Corner suites were very roomy and lots of windows. Great views!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for a girls weekend Sept 2012. We booked this hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not dissapointed. We loved it and would return again.

The location is great - a 20 minute walk to Navy Pier (but there is a free trolley as well), a nice half hour walk from the Shed Aquarium and Grant Park. Five minutes to North Michigan Avenue and 15 minutes to the John Hancock Tower. It's a great location for sight seeing and there are many excellent restaurants in the area.

Our room was very nice. A very comfortable king sized bed and a pull out couch. The sofa could use a good memory foam topper to make is a little more comfortable, but other than that no complaints. The bathroom and kitchen were spotless.

The most extraordinary thing about this hotel however was the level of service. Right from the doormen & concierge to the breakfast attendant. They went out of their way to greet us when we left and upon our return. As well as assisting us book tours, arrange cars, and even provided umbrellas when it rained. The breakfast attendant seemed to know every patron and what they preferred at breakfast and went out of her way to accomdate each and every guest in the dining room. The breakfast manager was equally as helpful offering to put some fruit in a bag to take out with us for the day. They truly seemed happy to see you each morning. The front desk staff were equally as helpful. When we went to the wrong counter (Springhill side) of the reception desk by accident, the attendant was quite willing to assist us even though we were at the wrong side (we should have went to the Residence Inn side). And when our room keys stopped working, they called an engineer who was at our door waiting by the time we got off the elevator to fix the problem, which he did quickly and efficiently.

I have travelled extensively and stayed in 5 star accomodations all over the world and I think some of those places could learn a thing or two from the staff at the Springhill/ Residence Inn. A 3-star hotel with 5-star service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kulemom
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We arrived early and left our luggage so we could head out shopping with our two small children. The breakfast hostess, Ismeta, saw us and asked if she could get a snack for the girls. I declined but asked her to fill their water bottles. She happily did and came back with muffins for them as well. She made them feel so special. Each morning at breakfast Ismeta greeted us and exceeded our expectations. I have never tipped the breakfast hostess at a free breakfast but on this trip I did. The concierge was always helpful and desk staff terrific. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012