“The perfect wedding (despite the weather)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
City Breaks Package
Ranked #13 of 184 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“The perfect wedding (despite the weather)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We got married in the Trump on the 18th September 2010, and stayed for 3 nights in the hotel. Everything was superb, and our wedding planner (Brittany) was superb - especially given that the weather for our big day was atrocious!! We were due to get married on the terrace on the 16th floor, and the move upstairs into the salon room was done with minimal fuss.
Our room was luxurious, and we loved every second of our stay (the room service food was also outstanding!)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveOliver
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your marriage and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard our hotel team to be one of the best. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Vice President & Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I travel about twice a month for business and travel numerous times a year for pleasure. Having stayed in almost every class of hotel above a 3 star, I must say that the King City View Room my wife and I stayed in for 4 nights the week of December 20th was the best room I have stayed in - ever. Of course, the staff was always there, helpful as you would expect, but the quality of the furniture, glass shower doors, carpet, electronics, appliances in the kitchettte, etc. was far above any Ritz or Four Seasons I have experienced. And the technology with the lighting, the TV in the mirror, the electronic drapes, boze ipod docking stereo, etc. was very much welcomed by this techie.

The bedding was esquisite and the soundproofing downright amazing. I didn't hear a knock or bump or cough in 4 days. I assume this is also due to the hotel being part of the condo complex on the upper floors and high quality construction throughout.

The footprint of this hotel is not large, sandwiched between Wacker and the Chicago River, but no matter. The views of the river and city are spectacular and the location is ideal for other restaurants in the area.

I got a a great rate directly through the hotel, but I plan to be back often and would pay more.

The only complaint I have is that the bar closed at 11 pm (Rebar) on the Monday we were there, and we saw them turn away at least 30 people who wanted a cocktail. Bad decision. Also, $28 for a glass of cabernet in Rebar? $18 for the cheapest Chardonnay? I suspect prices at 1/2 those amounts are doable and would be much appreciated.

Notwithstanding the Rebar experience, this hotel is nothing short of phenomenal. Kudos Trump.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WildcatGuy
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you and your wife enjoy your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your holiday experience exceeds your expectations.

I have noted your suggestion regarding Rebar staying open later and will review this with my team.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit in the very near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at the Trump to celebrate the New Year. Each staff member was outstanding. The housekeeping staff was terrific. The hostess at the restaurant, Sixteen, was cheerful and made us feel truly welcome. The dinner and celebration there was grand.

The spa and pool experience was wonderful. Our room was sensational with kitchenette. Perfect spot to stay in Chicago if you're traveling with teenagers. Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your family for New Years. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend your experience. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We arrived at the Trump on the Monday afternoon following Christmas for a three night stay. The hot moist towels offered during registration gave a pretty good indication of the service and attention to detail we could expect the rest of our stay. Our room on the 17th floor was at the lower price point, having booked a package through Expedia. Nevertheless, we had all the amenities and service I was hoping for; slippers and robe (both alas too small for my husband, who is a big guy), ice in fridge, incredibly comfortable king size bed, beautifully appointed room, turn down service and both NY and Financial Times in a bag hanging on our doorknob every morning. If you want to take advantage of spa services, book at the beginning of your stay. We were not able to get in for a massage but my husband had a wonderful leg massage/pedicure. Breakfast in our room, which arrived late due to a communication snafu in putting in the order the night before, was absolutely delicious and the in room dining manager handled the matter efficiently and appropriately. We have stayed in a similar luxury hotel approximately 8 blocks north of the Trump and given a choice between the two, I would return to the Trump without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Living downtown Chicago, I'm not one to stay in Chicago hotels. However, my girlfriend thought it would be nice to take me there for the weekend. Even though we live four blocks away and my home is nicer than the hotel, it was still a nice treat. We used the spa, ate in the restaurants, etc. We stayed in a 1bedroom plus kitchenette. I was very nice, spacious, and modern. Overall a great place but I probably would direct out of town business people there before in town guests.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return as you are just around the corner from us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

My wife, 2 children (ages 10 & 13) and I spent an overnight at Trump International to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our hotel choice made the celebration one to remember. The reservation was booked thru WhataHotel which added to the perks of staying at the Trump(room upgrade, spa and food service credits). Our suite was huge - @1600 sq. feet - and gorgeously decorated. Our special request for a game system for my son was met in record time with even a choice of games and either Xbox, Nintendo etc. The fitness facilities were great and the pool even has a great view. My wife and daughter's last minute request for side by side spa treatments was graciously accomodated and will be a great memory for them. Our breakfast was as good and elegantly served as any high end hotel restaurant - except ours came as room service - very impressive. We've stayed at all the high end Chicago hotels - Trump is the winner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JTE_10
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Guest-

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wife’s birthday with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a very detailed review of your celebration and I am very pleased to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for recommending our Hotel.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to in the near future.

Canton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed had booked a Deluxe King River View room and got a free upgrade to a One-Bedroom Suite. I cannot say enough how wonderful this hotel was! I'm all about details and this hotel had every attention to detail possible! The views were from every part of the hotel were unbelievable and the best part was that even though you were in the heart of the city, you couldn't hear a thing!

I'm also a big spa user and this was one of the best in terms of layout, function, and serenity. The pool area was also very well laid out. There was plenty of space and it was a very comfortable area to relax. We didn't eat at any of the restaurants, but did order room service and it was fabulous!

The only negative part was having to leave after 2 nights!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 2, 2010