Trump has created in the Trump Int'l Hotel Chicago what IMHO is the finest hotel in America in terms of overall experience and especially service, and one that can rival the greatest hotels in the world.
Over the course of the past thirty years of my business career, I have stayed in many of the top US hotels and many of the world's great hotels, from London's Connaught, to Geneva's Hotel des Bergues, to HK's Mandarin and Peninsula, and Tokyo's Seiyo Ginza. The Trump Chicago is definitely in the same league as these great international hotels, yet it also retains a distinctly American flavor: friendly service, modern design, and leading edge technology.
From the moment you arrive, the service is impeccable and achieves the elusive ideal balance between professionalism and friendliness. The staff are efficient, attractive, well groomed, courteous, and extremely helpful. Moreover you never, ever have the feeling that anyone is expecting any kind of a gratutity, which can be so offputting in certain American cities. Here, you truly get the feeling that you are a valued guest and that whatever can be done to make you comfortable and happy is cheerfully offered. From the reception staff to the room staff to the restaurant and spa staff, everyone did a superlative job.
Our room was magnificent: 900 square feet with a superb view of the lake, a fully equipped kitchen area (including Nespresso coffee machine) an enormous and delightfully comfortable bed, and a very complete and efficient bathroom. The design was modern, but not oppressively so. The high ceilings reinforced the feeling of space. The electrically controlled drapes opened onto magnificent floor to ceiling windows, the soaking tub in the bathroom allowed for a bit of indulgence. This was truly one of the best rooms I have experienced in 30 years...
The location was ideal for anyone having business in the downtown/loop area and there were always taxis a doorman's whistle away, despite a busy convention (which had the hotel 100% full) as well as regular summer thundershowers.
As for food and wine, we spent our first evening at Rebar, having quickly changed after an arrival from the West Coast, and found the cocktails to be delicious, the Sushi/Sashimi remarkably good, and the ambiance lively and young. We were in fact surprised when the lights were raised shortly before 1am to indicate that closing time was approaching. We had been having such fun that time truly flew by. We did not dine at the in-house restaurant so I can not comment on that. The exercise facilities were state of the art, in pristine condition, had spectacular views and contained everything one could possibly want. We did not use the spa facilities so this is something else I can not comment on.
In summary: a truly outstanding experience. I would definitely stay there on my next trip to Chicago. And while this hotel clearly charges five star prices, they unquestionnably deliver five star service; so even if one was not travelling on business, I can think of no better place to treat oneself to real luxury. And I left thinking what a pleasure it was to see an American hotel earning a place among the unique establishments of the world. Bravo Mr Trump and congratulations to your team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago