“Surpassed all expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin
“Surpassed all expectations”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

In a word, amazing. I have travelled extensively and stayed in all manner of hotels around the globe. I tend to be hard to please and I prefer hotels at the upper end of the scale. Trump met every one of my needs.
From before I even got there, every request I made, received a prompt response from the hotel by email and all my requests were met.
The location was excellent, very central and I found everything to be within walking distance. It was also in a nice location, situated right on the river. It's an iconic building and one of the tallest in the city so it was a great way of finding my way home after a long day of sightseeing or shopping, I just had to look up and there it was!
The room was very spacious and had a nice city view. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was large and had all mod cons. My only gripe was that the bath, although deep, is not long enough to stretch out in. We received a very welcome complimentary upgrade and the kitchenette was very handy.
The staff were superb and always smiling and extremely helpful. The hotel was spotless and the housekeeping excellent. I always travel with a lot of cosmetics and I was very touched that they removed them every day to clean under them rather than around them and then replaced them in a pretty way. It's a very small thing but this kind of attention to detail says volumes about their standards of cleanliness.
The pool had an amazing view although the room itself was nothing special. The changing area was very comfortable.
All in all I had a wonderful stay and if I ever return to Chicago I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarmenD4
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and delighted that you will be coming back to stay with us again. Thank you for your warm acknowledgements and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness and attention to detail. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I look forward welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Vice President & Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed at the Trump in New York a couple of years ago and that was fantastic, so we had high hopes for their Chicago property. We were delighted to discover that this hotel is as good as its Manhattan sibling.

This hotel has an unbelievable air of calm and serenity - which is obvious from the moment you step through the doors. I commented on it to the check-in agent, such was the contrast from the hustle and bustle of the airport and the city itself.

Every member of staff we dealt with was professional, charming and efficient, from the doormen to the reception staff and concierge. Every time we walked through the doors after a day's shopping or sightseeing, we were personally welcomed back. This was a nice touch, and the way all hotels should be. It costs nothing, and this type of old fashioned courtesy stands out a mile in today's sterile, robotic world.

The room we stayed in didn't have a river or lake view, but it was bright and airy, spotlessly clean, modern and well appointed, with full kitchen and oversized bathroom.

Evening turndown service included a complete towel re-fresh, tidy up of the room and complimentary water and slippers.

Check in and check out were effortless and stress free. None of the usual hassles involving phantom charges and so on that seem to be the norm these days.

We did not have the opportunity to use the fitness centre or swimming pool, but these were both included in the cost of the room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sc_UK
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Brand and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you and your traveling companion enjoyed your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring that your experience exceeds your expectations.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit in the very near future.

Michigan
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Highest level of quality in all surroundings. Very good deal considering great River North location. Other than difficult to use espresso machine and TV remote not working on check-in little could be faulted. Enormous tub. High quality linens and robes. Truly lived up to expectations.

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank HondaDoug
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our Valentines day on Feb 28th. We booked an inclusive Package, It included Champagne, continental breakfast, chococlate body paint and a late 2p.m. checkout. We were treated excellent the moment we pulled up. The doorman was great. Then our bellhop Andy was great and showing us the different ammenities in our room. We stayed in one of the Spa Rooms. We walked into a bed sprinkled with rose pedals and a box of chocolates. The view was great from our room. We had a huge spa tub & Glass shower. Andy also gave us directions to Shaw's restaurant -which is minutes away from the hotel. We had breakfast at Sixteen. Since our package included breakfast we could either do in room dining or have breakffast at the restaurant. I wanted to check out the restaurant so we opted to do that and they just applied the credit from our package to our bill. No, its not cheap to dine their but i didn't expect it would be. The food was excellent. I also enjoyed the pool during my stay. The pool was very nice. I have been to better and bigger ones but the view was very nice. Since the pool is in the spa area the locker room have an aloe mask, sugar scrub & body butter plus everything else you may need for your shower. It was a nice relaxing trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maggiehndz
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay over Valentines and I sincerely appreciate you complimenting the professionalism of our team and extent of our facilities. I shall certainly extend your great comments to our bell team.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago once again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We spent 3 nights in early November and the hotel was every bit as good as other reviewers had said. Wonderful warm welcome from the doorman through to the receptionist - after a small problem (we had requested a quiet room and were initially placed beside a busy elevator) we were upgraded to a corner room - enormous! Looking straight into the Wrigley building. It is a great location and very high finish in rooms and bathrooms.
A special thanks to the very nice young man who showed us around our palatial room and gave us lots of sightseeing tips etc (he is tall and blonde!).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aislingt
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complimenting the professionalism of our team and extent of our facilities.

Brooklyn
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We had a 2 night stay here and we were extremely happy. The regular-sized guest room was huge, clean, beautiful, simple, elegant, modern, and very comfortable. The bathroom was equally lovely and spacious. Even without the frills (tv in bathroom, huge windows, free use of in-room Nespresso machine, free wireless, etc), we would have been super happy. The staff was exceptional (they got a gorgeous last-minute bouquet of a dozen white roses pulled together for Valentine's Day in 2 hours - my fault for forgetting!), and were very helpful w/ directions/suggestions. I had scheduled a manicure at the in-hotel spa, which they had to change the time of, and it ended up being complimenary due to the inconvenience...very nice! The only recommendation I have is to go out for breakfast - ours for 2 people was literally $100. I would totally stay here again and recommend it. I doubt many people would be disappointed and for the price tag, you're certainly satisfied.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jms2780
Waterford, MI
Reviewed February 21, 2010

After years of staying at the Westin River North, Intercontinental and Swissotel, my girlfriend and I decided to splurge for a weekend stay at the magnificent Trump International Hotel and Tower. Since we were traveling with two small children, we took advantage of the Trump Kids program, which provided the little ones with their very own Trump backpacks, which included a small stuffed animal, coloring books, business cards...along with in-room slippers and robes. In addition to those amenities, the hotel even provided a surprise complimentary delivery of Gummi Worms and Fruit juice!

Our room overlooked the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. The room was tasteful, very quiet, extremely comfortable and quite large. Since the hotel is new, the room was in immaculate condition, featuring a fully stocked kitchen area with microwave, Sub-Zero refrigerator, dishwasher, cooking pots/pans, serving ware and the obligatory over-priced mini bar (in this case "Trump branded") refreshments.

The King bed was very comfortable, and featured high quality linens. We even selected our pillows from the "pillow menus". The television was a large LG flat screen with many high definition offerings.

The bathroom was large and clean, featuring a large deep tub, and free standing shower next to it, enclosed in glass. We took advantage of the beautiful health club and pool on several occasions. The health club looks over the Chicago River and features numerous top quality workout machines and equipment, along with complimentary beverages and fruit. The 75 foot long heated pool was a kid favorite, and the locker rooms were comfortable and well-maintained.

The best part of the Trump was the friendly, professional demeanor of the staff. Every single staff person we encountered excelled in their positions and went out of their way to treat the children like visiting royalty. From the doorman like MK and Casete (sorry about the spelling) to the housekeeping staff who kept the room spotless, the Trump staff went above and beyond in their efforts to make our stay memorable. They say you get what you pay for. The Trump isn't cheap...but the experience was worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrbigjerk
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am very happy indeed to learn that you consider your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be among the best family getaways you have experienced. It is very pleasing to read that our efforts to ensure your little one is comfortable are so warmly acknowledged.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.