New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois City, Illinois
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

Can I live here? I have to say this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The rooms are large, we had a great view, the bed is fabulous! The bose sound system is great, fell asleep listening to smooth jazz. Bathroom was roomy with a nice shower, I didn't think I would use the tv in the mirror but it was cool and now I want one. We had a kitchenette that had everything, nicely stocked. The assortment of high end bottled water I could do with out. I had asked for an item to be in our room upon arrival which was not there, I had called down to the front desk and in less than 5 minutes they were at the door. That was the only snafu we had encountered. We visited Rebar which had nice views of the river. Drinks were good but pricey. Checked out the pool, nice, lots of kids. Next time I would love to try the spa services. We just didn't have time this trip. We enjoyed room service for breakfast, everything was cooked perfectly and arrived on time. They have doorbells outside each room that also lights up Do Not Disturb, no more door hangers. This is a pet friendly hotel, the in room menu offers food choices for your pet, I thought that was cute. Overall I have to say it was relaxing, surprisingly quiet, and comfortable. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Island_Dogs07
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn that you consider your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be among the best getaways you have experienced.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Vice President & Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
cleveland, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

My husband and I, along with our seventeen year old son and his friend, stayed in two rooms at the Trump Hotel during the Lollapalooza Festival. My husband loved the place. He says the building is magnificent. How can anyone find fault with this hotel? Everyone was so kind and helpful. No air of pretentiousness whatsoever.
I especially loved the Nespresso machine. It is delicious with cream and a little more water. I am going to buy one when I get home.
My little 7 lb. chihuahua/yorkie was greeted warmly whenever he peeked out of his carrier.
The bathrobes are warm and cozy. I think Ivanka Trump's TV greeting was sweet and sincere.
All I can say is that I have never been to such a great place at such a resonable price.
Chicago is a cool city and we will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Claire S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services, and facilities. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the very near future.

Long Island, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

just got back from trump chicago- loved the room, booked on expedia, tv in bathroom, comfy bed, and huge room. Hated bathroom toilet, problem with flushing handle, my friends in another room had same jiggling problem. did not love hotel staff at check in- thought she was rude, and long waits for concierge, who often was less then helpful. also, how is it possible that the largest hotel in the city only had one uni-sex restroom in the lobby? Ridiculous. thought the bellman and outside staff great. all in all, loved my room, fitness room great, and would definitely recommend .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank cpro330
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by your arrival experience and concierge.

I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

My husband, our 2 teenage boys and myself stayed for 3 nights in July at the Trump Hotel. I looked at almost every hotel available in Chicago before deciding on The Trump. I wanted a memorable time with our family as this was our last trip together before our son leaves for college. I selected the Trump because of it's location, completely non-smoking policy and why not....it looks great on their website! What a fabulous choice... We loved it! We got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which allowed us to completely spread out. Amazingly beautiful room.... large bedroom with the most comfortable king bed, living room with tall windows allowing for great views, 2 bathrooms, complete kitchen with big refrigerator.....unbelievable. We took in everything the hotel has to offer. We ate at Sixteen every morning for breakfast. Perhaps it is a little pricy but not that bad. The food was good, service was excellent and the views from this16th floor restaurant were spectacular. We went to the fitness center a couple of times. Top-notch! It was a pleasure to work out with such nice amenities everywhere....individual tv screens on new cardio equipment, bottles of Trump water available, clean and bright room, lots of weight machines, and the views! We also went to the new outside Terrace Restaurant/Bar on the 16th floor. It was a beautiful night and we were lucky enough to get a table. The views of the Chicago River, Wrigley clock and Chicago buildings lit up at night were beautiful. Very memorable! During our stay, we walked everywhere....up and down Michigan Avenue, along the river, to the lakefront.....the hotel location is ideal. We took the Wendell boat ride which we would highly recommend and we went looking for the best pizza (thin crust). By the way, our vote goes to Ginos over Guiordanos! Overall, we loved staying at The Trump Hotel and we had a fantastic time in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank kodysmama
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 20, 2009
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your stay to celebrate your son going off to college exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your stay with us was relaxing and memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to your friends.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

Stayed here two nights for the first time in July. The hotel is squeezed on floors 14-25 between a bunch of empty floors (office spaces?) and a bunch of empty condo units above. Because of the downturn in the economy the property offers very very competitive rates for being a 5 Star hotel.
The rooms are oversized and you'll want to request one on the river side. Understated and stunning interior design. Almost all the lighting is on dimmers and most can be controlled from a panel bedside. Complimentary WiFi in the rooms. The fabrics and choice of woods are really top notch. One thing that surprised me was the bathroom amenities. While oversized, they are rather generic in cheaper plastic bottles and private labeled with Trump. I left them. Normally if they were anything good, such as Bulgari, L'Occitane from the Peninsula or Ritz Carlton, they would have all gone home with me. Not here. They weren't bad amenities, just rather plain and generic.
Here's the service gaffs, which I'll blame on the housekeeper. The bathroom scale didn't work. Why? The battery was dead. The small tv built into the bathroom mirror was inoperable. Why? The tv hadn't been scanned to set up the channels. The light on the desk didn't work. Why? The lamp was defective and they had to change it out.
Who knows maybe I was the first guest ever in the room, but had the chambe maid done a simple check these things could have been worked out before a guest arrival. Oh well.
It's a stunning hotel. The gym and spa occupies an entire floor. I have been in some of the nicest hotels in the world and the gym here is one of the nicest I have encountered. I did not use the spa. Extraordinary rates and I wasn't going to pop for the cost without seeing some reviews of their services.
The food service was good, not great, certainly at the top of the Chicago market. I would encourage people to eat elsewhere. Chicago is known for its famous restaurants such as NOMI, Alinea, Charlie Trotter's etc. There's no reason to pay Michelin style prices for common food. Get out in the city and enjoy the food.
The bedding and pillows are amazing. One of the nicest beds ever, they really do it right and if you're looking for a great nights sleep this is it. The room also had a semi stocks kitchen almost like a little time share with a two burner cooktop, sub zero refridgerator, crystal barware, etc. The had a large well stocked mini bar complete with Trump chocolate bars. You'll also find Ivanka's jewelry line hawked in a magazine and postcards in the desk. It's an interesting experience.
This is the time to visit this hotel before the economy strengthens and they raise their prices, which I assure you will happen as occupancies build.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank PDXStocks
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

In regards to the hotel guest rooms, floors 14- 27M make up our 339 guest rooms which include our Deluxe King Rooms, One Bedroom up to Three Bedroom Suites and our Spa Guest Rooms. We have a full parking garage located below the 14th floor and the Resident condos are alive and occupied to the top and are enjoyed by our owners.

It is of course with great concern that I have learned housekeeping overlooked the bathroom scale, TV and lamp in your room. Rest assured that proper follow up with housekeeping will take place to ensure that this is not overlooked in the future.

Warm Regards,

Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

If you have the money, this is definitely the place to stay in downtown Chicago, right on the river. Everything was first class and priced accordingly. Maybe the best breakfast I've ever had, but cost including tip was $80.00.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GAJumbo
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

Best,

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife and I went to Chicago for the past weekend and we chose the Trump for the most part because of the great reviews on this site. I can tell you that the reviews were completely accurate and this hotel is really something else. From the hand towels on check in to the televsion in the centre of the bathroom mirror to the gorgeous huge hotel room, it was a wonderful weekend in luxury! Don't forget the location which is actually a block or so away from Michigan Avenue, which is actually perfect because you are right in the middle of everything, but a touch away so that you don't hear the noise. I was most impressed by the fact that the manager took the time to comment on each review, again all class! I just can't see how you can be dissappointed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jordaverin
TrumpHotel, T. Colm O'Callaghan Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return. I appreciate feedback from our guests and find it just as important to thank each guest for taking the time to post a review.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Warm Regards,