The Trump was perfect. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and this was a fantastic final hotel in our 4-week US road trip honeymoon. They upgraded us two levels and we had a gigantic (I think 800+ sq ft) room with a Lake view. It had a kitchenette (the only thing missing was a oven) which was perfect since I have food allergies and prefer to eat food I cook since I can be positive what it did and did not contain or come in contact with. Finally, the bathroom was amazing. A giant soaking tub that fit two, a great shower and a bathroom mirror that had a TV in it.
The trump is right next to the South end of the Magnificent Mile of shops on Michigan Avenue. My wife and I walked that one afternoon on the way to a Cubs game at Wrigley. And with that said, the concierge was able to get us great seats at a reasonable price to a sold out Sunday afternoon game. I was not sure we would get the tickets, but not only did he find some, they were in the fifth row down the third base line. Perfect!
The only downside to the hotel was the ridiculous charges for room service and valet parking. A six-pack of Sam Adams beer was $30 not including the room service delivery charge of $4. Seriously, it is a $8 six-pack of beer, and $4 to deliver to the room, WTF? And the valet parking was ~$50/night. That is not a typo $50/night! Yet at the same time, it was our honeymoon, so the cost didn't really matter, even if they were annoying.
The Trump is over the top and exactly what one would expect for the $400+/night the rooms cost. Yet even though expensive, I think it was worth it since the rooms were more than twice the size of rooms we were in prior hotels on our trip. Also, it had the kitchenette and fantastic bathroom with a great view of the Lake. Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Groupon, Cancelon, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago