All I can say is wow. We stay at hotels a lot. And every time I've stayed at a luxury hotel in the past, I've been disappointed. The Trump changed all that. At $199 a night on a special Travelzoo deal, I decided to give the Trump a try and indulge a little for a Mother's Day stay with my kids. I was impressed from the moment we arrived. We valet parked and our bags were brought inside for a smooth check in - every staff member addressed us by name. Kids were given backpacks with cotton candy and coloring books. Bellman brought us to our room; as we got off the elevator, I could tell we were headed to the river side of the property. I was so surprised & pleased to see we had been upgraded to a larger, partial river view room. The room was kind of wedge shaped so the panoramic views from the floor to ceiling windows were amazing. Furnishings were in a muted purple with taupes and grays and looked just like the pictures on the website. I had ordered some amenities (gourmet popcorn, candy jar and chocolate covered strawberries) ahead of time to surprise my kids, and all were in the room just like I had requested. A few minutes after we arrived at our room, the bellman returned with little stuffed animals (pink and blue cows with a Trump Kids logo) for each of the kids - told me they had inadvertantly been left out of their backpacks at check in ( I was later told that the kids names and ages hadn't been updated into my profile- we only booked one day prior.) I asked about robes and slippers for the kids, and housekeeping brought them a few minutes later. We opted to relax and order a room service lunch - kids had a burger & fries and grilled cheese with tomato soup. I got prosciutto di parma with buffalo mozzarella on grilled baguette. Food was amazing and presented with real silverware and a fresh orchid. The server asked if we would be dining at Sixteen later; I told him I thought the experience would likely be lost on the kids, but he mentioned that anything on the kids room service menu could be ordered at the restaurant - I'll keep this in mind for next time. As it stood, we kept out reservations at Harry Caray's - an easy 2 block walk from the hotel. After lunch, we checked out the pool. You have to sign in at the spa on the 14th floor to use the pool, but the staff was very helpful and personally escorted us to the locker rooms. Kids enjoyed a nice swim while I relaxed and enjoyed the views of the Chicago River & Lake Michigan. Headed back to our room to get ready for dinner and found housekeeping was already there to turn down the bed. They don't leave wrapped chocolates on the pillow, rather a lovely glass tray of assorted chocolates and a gumdrop my kids fought over. Before swimming, we had asked for a game console, and we found a Playstation 3 and a few games had been delivered while we were out. Kids had a little trouble with the controllers, but maintenance came up quickly and brought the connection cable we were missing. Kids enjoyed a Wall-e game while I got ready. When we came back from dinner, we found the sofa bed had been made up just like we requested at check-in. What we did not find were cookies for this kids, which I thought were part of the Trump Kids amenities. A quick phone call to the front desk, and a few minutes later, in room dining brought up 2 large chocolate chunk cookies with glasses of milk. Kids couldn't even finish them. After the kids fell asleep, I took a bath - the bathroom is lovely, with a TV in the mirror as well as an adjoining tub and shower. Tub was deep and long with a waterfall faucet and I was able to indulge and enjoy a long bath - I am 5' 10" and the tub was quite comfortable - this is rare for me. The shower has a rainfall head as well as a separate handheld shower massage. Robes for adults were in the bathroom and a digital scale and hair dryer were available as well. Bath amenities were very ample size - much larger than most hotels. Bed was so comfy - I loved the pillows but there was a pillow menu if you wanted something different. Kids couldn't wait to wake me up and open the curtains - all controlled with convenient wall switches. The view was even more impressive than the day before. We ordered room service for breakfast - my breakfast would have served all 3 of us if my kids weren't so picky. I ordered a "Heart Healthy" combination for $27 which included choice of juices (from orange to cherry pomegranate,) a blueberry muffin with assorted jams & honey, a large fruit plate with 4 kinds of berries, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple and oranges, a huge bowl of Swiss Mueslix with pecan halves, slivered almonds, chopped apple and dried apricot, and coffee, tea or skim milk. I didn't eat half of it - just so much food. Kids pancakes and french toast were $9 each but served with more fresh berries. We had time for another swim before checking out and wished we had booked more than one night. It was such an enjoyable stay. Had a few glitches at check out - our breakfast charges weren't on the bill and the website had promised business cards for the kids with their names printed on them. We had lunch and shopping planned so we agreed to store our bags and come back later to get the kids' cards and my corrected bill. Was so pleased to find out the valet would keep our car until 5PM, included in the $52 daily rate from when we checked in - we took full advantage. I was handed an envelope when we got back - they recognized us. I just assumed the envelope had the cards for the kids and my bill, but once home found only the cards. I'm sure they sorted the bill out and if I don't get a copy in the mail, I'll give them a call and ask. Our stay was not seamless; but whenever things didn't go quite right, staff went above and beyond to rectify matters, and were always apologetic and cordial. What I loved most about the Trump was the lack of pretentiousness. As far as I could see, all the guests were treated well and addressed by name. Even bell staff in the elevator greeted us and asked us how we were enjoying our stay. I felt like we were being welcomed back rather than staying there for the first time. It was really a delightful experience. This is what a luxury hotel should be - friendly, professional staff, gorgeous rooms, great food and perfect location. This hotel is a real gem and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cancelon, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago