“Yes, it is a Trump!”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #24 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My favorite things about this hotel:

First impression: A toasty hand towel at the check-in was so good and gave me feel at home.

1. Service: Luxury room amenities also include a mini kitchen with a cook-top and dishwasher. They offer a turn-down service every night. You have a nice view of the city or view of river/lake.

2. Location: Everything you need in the city is close: shopping along Michigan Ave, restaurants, groceries and the Chicago River. On this trip I enjoyed spending time at Eataly, a Mario Batali place, just a few blocks away! Millenium park and theater district is not far.

3. Friendliness of people: Door men are always looking for your needs as soon as you step out of the front door. They are so ready!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary C
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your first impression of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago was that it made you feel at home. Thank you for sharing your experience and the details such as the amenities, location and service that made your stay enjoyable. We are happy to have welcomed you and look forward to your return.

Vice President, Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is perfect located, the service was excellent, fantastic gym with views over the scyscrapers. The bar on floor 16 was definitely not up to standards. The room was nice but not excellent (lacked personality).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read our location suited your needs and that you enjoyed your experience with our team and the views in the gym. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Terrace and your room as we welcome all constructive comments as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were spending a night in Chicago on a stay-cation to celebrate my husband's birthday and found the Trump Tower to be only slightly more expensive than other lesser hotels in the area so we went for it. It was so worth it. The rooms are as nice as you would expect but the best part was the service. Everyone we came into contact with addressed us and seemed to genuinely care about our plans. The extras were top notch.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your husband's birthday celebration and stay-cation. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of not only our rooms and facilities, but also that of our team's efforts to ensure you enjoy your stay. Thank you again for your comments. We truly look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Trump hotel in Chicago for two nights. This is truly a magnificent establishment; with attention to every detail. The service was excellent on every aspect. I enjoyed my room, the view and the comforts afforded me.

For the average person like me; one would think it would be unaffordable and out of reach, but I was pleasantly surprised with my final bill - it was not way out there. I think once in a life time everyone should surround themselves with this kind of luxury.

I was quite happy with the TV in the bathroom; so I could take a shower and continue watching my show I was watching in the bedroom. The only negative note I had - I did not like the bath tub. It was a regular tub, not big enough to fit my 5'9'' frame comfortably. That was the only downside for me.

Room Tip: My friend was on the 14th floor and complained of noise. I was on the 21st floor and loved it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted to read you regard our team's efforts to ensure you have an enjoyable stay as excellent and that you found comfort in your room. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Celebrated my birthday at the Trump Chicago for the weekend. Rooms are spacious and the bathroom was wonderful with it's deep tub and added touch with the TV in the mirror. Chocolate upon arrival with classical music being played. Member of the staff delivered a piece of raspberry birthday cake candle lit and all!! Thank you!! Staff very well trained and very polite. Excellent location. Well done Mr. Trump! Will definitely be staying at the Trump when visiting Chicago again. Top notch.

Room Tip: If you can reserve a river view room. Beautiful. Being able to see the river with all the boats and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for regarding your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as exceptional. We make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves so as to ensure every guest has the same enjoyable experience you shared. I am delighted you had a pleasant birthday celebration and we look forward to welcoming you back upon future occasions.

T. Colm O'Callghan

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay at Trump Tower Chicago for a week, and my experience could not be better. Rooms are huge and service is impecable, every day there's a new pamper such as classical music set to be played at the speaker, pillow menu, fresh fruits or chocolate. There's also a mini kitchen inside the room with complimentary Nespresso. The hotel restaurant is great and with a stunning river view from the terrace and from the rooms. Would definitely come back for a new pampering season!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you felt pampered in your large room and that you enjoyed many of our amenities during your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was also happy to read your kind appreciation of the views of the river from both Sixteen and your room. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Really impressive looking hotel as you first walk in and the candles in the evening are great; it is in an excellent location too.
However the 'wow factor' for me anyway, went quickly. The rooms aren't as big as you would expect from the pictures on all the booking sites so immediately felt let down! Also there were holes in the bedding which I was surprised at, they didn't offer any compensation when clothing went missing presumably wrapped up in the bed linen, I'm certain the towels weren't changed whilst we were there although can't prove this and the ironing board (first world problems i know, I appreciate I sound like a brat) was awful. It was also impossible to get on to the roof terrace either because they are too busy (even for residents) or there is an event on so it's closed.
The room was bright, the view from the room was fine, you get nice chocolates on arrival, the turndown service was fine with a bottle of water on your first night, staff are just lovely, and you get to tell people that you're staying there; but genuinely feel our money would have gone further elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choosing a spa room will mean you'll be on the same floor or one up from the gym, good if you i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FloydOnHoliday

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome constructive comments. It is of course concerning that I have learned housekeeping did not meet your expectations and that you were left to feel disappointed by your stay. I assure you this is not our standard and I welcome you to please contact Julie Bridgeman, Executive Office Manager, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com so that we may further investigate your experience.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments and also for commending our team. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.