“Best Business Hotel in Chicago (possibly even in US?)”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is one of my favorite business hotels in the United States. From the minute you step through the door, the service is impeccable. The hotel is extremely modern, with all the comforts you would expect of a five star hotel. I had the pleasure of being upgraded to a suite on my last visit, which was an exceptional room (huge!). It had a full kitchen and living room with fireplace. More space than I needed – but helped make me feel more at home than I ordinarily feel on an extended business trip. The room service food is great – especially the variety of food offered – and they are extremely quick with the delivery. My only regret is that I still haven’t seen the spa here! I am sure that is phenomenal too. You cannot go wrong with Trump Chicago – it has that certain stylish “je ne sais quoi” that other hotels in the city do not have.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mrs_LJE
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you regard Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as the best business hotel in Chicago and as one of your favorites in the United States. Thank you for your kind feedback of In Room Dining as well as your appraisal of your room. I am happy to learn you felt at home as this is exactly what we wish for all of our guests. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump Chicago in the very near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,778)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great space for a one-night visit. Room (14th floor/spa level) was expansive with lots of nice touches, including techno-barbells to do some light lifting in the room, a UV towel warmer, quite gourmet coffee/expresso maker, nice array of reading material, and the usual well-stocked mini-bar. The bathroom was elegant and felt spa-like. Halls and the room itself were quiet. All told, great room....with great views over the river and out toward the lake.

Only flat spot: temperature was hard to control in the room. The thermostat simply didn't work or seemingly play any role in moderating the temperature. It said 69 degrees F when I arrived (which was very chilly) and after adjusting it up multiple times, it rose briefly to 70 and then dropped to 68. While I could've said something, I thought it would eventually move to a better temp....but it didn't. I'd call down sooner in the future. That said, still a very fine room and hotel.

Room Tip: Spa level was quite nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. While your visit was short, I am happy you enjoyed our Spa guestroom and the amenities it has to offer. I appreciate your detailed feedback and have noted your concerns regarding the thermostat. I will be sure to share this and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our family made an impromptu overnight trip to Chicago and chose Trump as our destination. Upon check-in my kids (5 & 3) were presented with Trump KIds gifts. We used the pool and room-service. They have a decent kids menu and a 'nourished kids' menu. Our only complaint, which is of no fault to Trump, was even on the 23 floor, the sirens at night woke the family. Everything else was amazing!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read you and your family enjoyed a fun visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We are proud to be a family-friendly hotel so I was happy to learn you regard your family's experience as amazing. We look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

What an amazing hotel! I stayed here in 2009 for a friends wedding and everything was perfect. Amazing room with amazing view to the Chicago rive and a super limestone bathroom...try out the spa and don't forget to have a cocktail at the terrace bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read you've enjoyed your visits and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed in Grand Suite 2732 on 27th floor for 5 days. The suite has good view of both the lake and river. The hotel provides efficient service eg when we reported no wine opener, they brought it to the room very quickly.
The restaurant 'Sixteen' has nice ambience and well presented food with theme 'Day/Night' 9 courses Tasting menu. We were quite happy with the dinner at Sixteen but a bit disappointed with the breakfast. We normally only booked for dinner but not for breakfast, however, as this restaurant is not too big, got filled up very quickly. Turned out we were seated in the Terrace Bar area for breakfast, otherwise have to wait in a queue! Also, the breakfast menu has limited choice.
Location of the hotel is excellent! As it's right by the river, very convenient to join boat tours. Also, very close to good shops in N, Michigan Lane.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and taking the time to share your feedback of your room and our restaurant outlets. I was happy to read you enjoyed the views, ambiance and presentation in addition to your appraisal of our team's efficiency. I certainly look forward to welcoming you upon future visits.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at all of the top hotels in Chicago except Trump. I guess we saved the best for last. The rooms were immaculate. We were travelling with family and had 2 rooms. Both were wonderful. The staff was attentive and enthusiastic, took pride in the company. The brunch was phenomenal. I loved the brunch manager, very fun. Drinks on the Terrace were imaginative and high quality. Best view in the city. Breakfast was delicious. Our waitor was fabulous. The location gave us a chance to explore new areas, though we were still close to Michigan Ave. Trump is expensive but you definitely get what you pay for:) I say: Well Done!

Room Tip: We had a corner room so it was larger than the other room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn of your and your family's enjoyment of your recent visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments of not only our restaurants and facilities, but also those of our team. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had planned a great weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Chicago. After the reservation was made, I called ahead to make sure that they could give us a room with a nice view; actually I was very specific about what I would like to have since it was a big celebration for us. When we arrived late afternoon on Friday, our check in went very smoothly and a very friendly staff member took us to the room. To my disappointment the view from the room was exactly what I was trying to avoid, another building blocking our view. At that point I decided that I wouldn’t let them spoil my plans and made the best out of our stay. Them room was very clean and the bed /pillows were very confortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OMC14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. I am pleased you found your room to be comfortable and that check in was smooth. I would like to apologize, however, if you did not get the room that you had requested as we specifically have City View and River View rooms. I welcome you to please contact Julie Bridgeman , Executive Office Manager, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com so that we may further investigate your experience if you did not receive the room you had reserved. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence and celebrate future occasions at Trump Chicago. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.